Talk

Advanced search

Curtain hooks

(4 Posts)
fromnowhere Sun 11-Feb-18 20:24:39

Hi all, does anyone know if i replace the plastic curtain hooks on my child's bedroom curtains (fully lined and quite heavy) whether this will ensure the curtain stays up properly? At the moment the plastic ones keep slipping out and so half of the curtain is hanging off at the top (not attached to the rail? Unsure whether to buy some metal ones until i know whether this will work?
My mum advised me to to sew in a small tack under each curtain hook but i have neither the time nor the inclination to be doing that! Thank you!

Bowerbird5 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:39:53

Plastic ones often snap and if the curtains are weighty you might save time and money in the long run. Try brass ones, second hand antique shops might have some.

fromnowhere Sun 11-Feb-18 22:20:40

Thank you bower i’ll give that a try. smile

Rascallsall Sun 11-Feb-18 23:44:41

Metal curtain hooks are very cheap to buy online (postage will push the price up obviously) The advantage they have is they can be squeezed/bent so that they can't slip out which you can't do with plastic ones. Definitely worth trying and should solve your problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now