Talk

Advanced search

Decent toaster needed - recommendations please

(6 Posts)
Honey1975 Sat 10-Feb-18 11:54:51

Our toaster is on its last legs and its time to replace. We do alot of non toast items, crumpets, teacakes etc and these often get stuck. Also the bits that fall off especially teacake raisins tend to get stuck and start to smoke badly. Clearly a fire hazard as once it blew the fuse completely.

So is there a toaster than can deal with these things or will I have to resort to using grill (which takes an age to warm up)?

Any recommendations please?

RaspberryCheese Sat 10-Feb-18 12:35:12

I'd just like to add that my greatest annoyance with most toasters is that few or non can take a slice of Warburtons sideways,,very annoying.

Name01 Sat 10-Feb-18 13:33:56

Try Asda. They had 2 kinds of toasters - one of them (the slightly more expensive one) fits the large slices of bread beautifully

HardAsSnails Sat 10-Feb-18 13:38:01

Might be worth looking at a flatbed toaster for non-bread things.

Davros Sun 11-Feb-18 00:06:36

I like my Sage toaster. I tried a few others but they're so flimsy

Alonglongway Sun 11-Feb-18 00:14:05

I’ve got a dualit classic that’s about 6 years old and still great. You can get a rack to slot into the top to toast oddly shaped items. We mainly do small pieces of fruit bread or occasionally croissants. Works very well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now