Talk

Advanced search

Please receive recommend a washing machine

(6 Posts)
tryingtobethebestican Thu 08-Feb-18 12:47:15

Hi we need to urgently replace our washing machine - it's been condemned!!
We have appliance insurance so they will replace it but the maximum features they'll give are that it can have a 9kg load and 1400 spin - and steam, as it's like for like. Hoping people will be happy to recommend something similar 😀 thank you.

tryingtobethebestican Thu 08-Feb-18 13:48:42

Oops just seen post title!! It should say please recommend - not please receive recommend lol that sounds really pretentious 😂

e1y1 Sat 10-Feb-18 01:11:53

The only washing machine I had with steam function was an LG one (was a 12kg though, not 9kg) and I was very happy with it, only got rid of it as it was too large of a drum for me. But it is still going along fine at a family members. So if LG do a 9kg steam one I would recommend

I currently have a Samsung 9kg, it’s ok but I have had better, but this isn’t a steam one, unsure if they do a steam washer.

I also really liked my Bosch, again unsure if they do steam ones.

But in general Miele, Bosch/Siemens or AEG always seem to get good reviews. Hotpoint, Hoover/Candy or Indeshit tend to get really bad ones. Have your insurance stated a money value you can have or have they said any as long as they specs are the same.

tryingtobethebestican Sat 10-Feb-18 08:42:08

@e1y1 thanks for taking the time to reply. We were limited to similar specs and annoyingly money too. Many that we said we wanted we were told we had to pay extra for. Eg £300 extra for some. Anyway we have ordered an LG which is similar to the one we have but has the 6 motion thing that ours didn't (I don't think.)

PoshPenny Sat 10-Feb-18 09:26:04

I had an LG machine and we were very impressed with it. We had it for years, got something major (bearings?) replaced under the excellent 5 year warranty, and had a loan machine whilst that was being done. I think it lasted us 12 years. We gave it a hard life with a family of 4, kids age about 6/7 when it was new plus some dirty horse stuff also being put through it. I still miss the countdown till end of cycle display it had. I was sorry to see it go at the end.

e1y1 Sat 10-Feb-18 11:00:34

@tryingtobethebestican you're welcome. My LG was the 6motion, dont know if it meant better cleaning, but you definitely could see the difference in the way the machine worked (how it rotated in various wash cycles). From what I remember I think it could have made the cleaning faster so therefore shorter cycles, I seem to remember it being quite a quick machine considering it was doing up to 12kg of laundry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now