Talk

Advanced search

Water in my fridge

(10 Posts)
MamaDuckling Thu 08-Feb-18 09:37:41

Help!

Recently moved into a rental property - lots of minor issues with the place, one of which is the huge amount of water pooling in the bottom of the fridge. I suspect the drain hole is blocked. Fridge is loud, smelly and knackered but how can I fix this while I try to persuade landlord to replace?

specialsubject Thu 08-Feb-18 11:20:01

there are ways of unblocking drain holes, google will advise.

Landlord should replace but TBH - fridges aren't expensive and quite often pop up on ebay. Buy your own.

LIZS Thu 08-Feb-18 11:21:26

Is the grill at the back free of obstruction so the air can circulate?

inashizzle Thu 08-Feb-18 11:25:43

Wipe debris out as much as poss, using a straw , blow to unblock .

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 08-Feb-18 11:33:30

I found a cotton bud surprisingly effective at clearing the hole in the fridge I do it regularly and don't get water pooling anymore.

MamaDuckling Thu 08-Feb-18 12:24:28

I am bemused.... buy my own fridge, in a property I've only just moved into, for only the next 9 months (short term let)?! No way, landlord responsibility, surely?!

Also, go anywhere near that hole, with a straw.....?!?? confused

MamaDuckling Thu 08-Feb-18 12:25:08

But thank you, I will try a cotton bud! At arms length and with rubber gloves on!

SandAndSea Thu 08-Feb-18 12:28:21

I've had this sort of thing before. Def try a cotton bud and kitchen towel to clear the hole out.

specialsubject Thu 08-Feb-18 12:28:25

well, you've already said there's lots wrong with the place so it sounds like you've rented a dump. Just trying to make life easier for not much cash - with so many wanting silly integrated fridges, decent free standing ones are cheap as chips.

bye.

MamaDuckling Thu 08-Feb-18 12:29:23

Helpful, thanks special! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now