Talk

Advanced search

Best Doormats

(7 Posts)
ttctet Tue 06-Feb-18 05:51:57

I need a doormat (or two) that is actually good for getting mud off wellies, and big enough for the dogs to step more than one paw on it when we come in.

I got sucked in to the advertising for a Turtle Mat which I don’t like at all. I went with them over Dunelm Marvel Mat because the patterns were nicer, but when it arrived, it looked crap! Can’t quite believe I paid 50 quid for something that will forever be covered in mud.

Are these ‘super absorbent’ mats the best kind? Or coir mats? Something else entirely? Please help!

Modestandatinybitsexy Tue 06-Feb-18 10:42:54

Following with interest. Also if there was a deterrent from stopping the dog ripping it to shreds would be great!

ttctet Tue 06-Feb-18 14:23:02

I’ve been and got one of those boot scraper mats for outside the back door for now, and see if that gets more mud off wellies before we get in the house. I’m wondering whether to exchange my Turtle Mat for another, in the hope the one I’ve got is a dud... I read so many good reviews about them on here!

woodchuckchuck Wed 07-Feb-18 14:04:25

These are gorgeous and go in the washing machine monoqi.co.uk/gb_en/rug-sale-13195/runners-doormats/tica-copenhagen/60x90-door-mat-black-grey.html?cat=13198

woodchuckchuck Wed 07-Feb-18 14:06:01

I hate turtle mats too. Looks scabby and old fashioned IMO.

woodchuckchuck Wed 07-Feb-18 14:13:58

There are some nice designs here too www.wayfair.co.uk/rugs/sb0/mats-door-mats-c1782947.html

womaninatightspot Wed 07-Feb-18 14:21:22

We have hug rugs which work quite well (we live on a farm). I think the trick is to have more than one so one as you come in and one at the next doorway. I suppose a runner would work too though. They wash really well we've had ours for a couple of years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: