Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend me a mop?

(8 Posts)
outnumbered77 Mon 05-Feb-18 18:04:47

I have tiled floors downstairs which are constantly grubby due to kids and puppy. I currently use a steam mop to clean but am never convinced it gets totally clean, particularly the grout.
Anyway, steam mop looks like it's on it's way out so I need to get something else. Should I go back to a mop and bucket? I really have no time so am concerned that would be a lot more time consuming.
Can anyone recommend me something?

jenthehen Mon 05-Feb-18 18:08:27

Yes I can! An e-cloth mop, it has a flat swivel head and a water bottle attached which you just fill with water and it sprays a little water ahead of where you are mopping. It's fab, mine was £19.99 from Tk maxx but you can get them at other places. Perfect for a quick whizz round (I keep a mop and bucket too but find a rarely use it now)

jenthehen Mon 05-Feb-18 18:10:50

www.e-cloth.com/household-range/aqua-spray-deep-clean-mop

ParadiseLaundry Mon 05-Feb-18 18:15:50

I totally agree with you about steam mops not really cleaning anything, they just seem to push the dirt around. I love a good old fashioned mop and bucket personally. I just buy cheaper mops and change the head frequently (although they do wash quite well) and I have this Vileda mop bucket, I've had it for years. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0007VHC1W/ref=mpss_a11_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1517854502&sr=8-4&pi=ACSX2366_SY340_QL65&keywords=vileda+mop+bucket&dpPl=1&dpID=51x14V57ncL&ref=plSrch

PrivateParkin Mon 05-Feb-18 18:21:17

I just came on to say an e-cloth mop as well! I've just got one and it's fab OP. I can't believe I'm saying this about a mop but it is. The best thing about it IMHO is that you can take the cloth bit off and chuck it in the washing machine. Oh and you don't need a bucket of water. It says you can use it without cleaning products, but I did squirt a bit of Method floor cleaner around first because, you know, Mumsnet... grin

outnumbered77 Mon 05-Feb-18 20:37:37

Great thanks. I have ecloths in the shower and they're great so will try the mop version.

outnumbered77 Tue 13-Feb-18 17:13:09

Thanks for the ecloth mop tip. I went for the version without spray bit and it's amazing!

PrivateParkin Thu 15-Feb-18 10:01:42

Yay! I actually like mopping now blush - so satisfying! Enjoy OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now