Talk

Advanced search

Shopping home delivery....do you tip the driver?

(9 Posts)
Sassy306 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:57:24

Had my 1st ever food shopping delivery tonight. Pregnant and choked with the cold so decided to give it a go.

Just curious if people tip the delivery driver or not? I didn't really think about it till after but wondering if it's the done/correct thing to do?

NormHonal Sat 13-Jan-18 20:58:15

No, only if it’s a very very big shop, like at Christmas.

ElanorGamgee Sat 13-Jan-18 20:58:47

No.

moggle Sat 13-Jan-18 20:58:51

No, never in 3 years of weekly Tesco deliveries since DD was born. It’s a godsend I don’t know how parents of babies and toddlers managed to eat before internet grocery shopping.

ConjugalHoliday Sat 13-Jan-18 20:58:56

No.

twilightcafe Sat 13-Jan-18 21:00:56

No. Only at Christmas; or "above and beyond the call of duty" if very heavy snowfall.

olympicsrock Sat 13-Jan-18 21:02:08

No never

hugoagogo Sat 13-Jan-18 21:03:43

No. Not ever and I have been getting tesco deliveries for at least 15 years.

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 13-Jan-18 21:10:22

No, never. I think the driver would look at me strangely if I tried, or it would be awkward.

Another one here who cannot fathom how people with small children coped before online grocery shopping. Started it reluctantly when I was 7mo pg with DC1 and was struggling with the trolley and have never looked back. Don't know why I didn't start doing it years earlier. I try to do the right thing every now and again and do the weekly shop at Aldi to save money but I can only do it with a 5yo and 3yo in tow, and it's a miracle we get out alive. I can't decide whether I want to kill them, myself or all three of us by the end of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: