Talk

Advanced search

Tired vinyl floor

(2 Posts)
WittgensteinsBunny Sat 13-Jan-18 16:44:57

We have vinyl floor tiles in 2 bathrooms in our house. They were put in about 10 years ago and are looking really tired (not to mention dated). We will be replacing bathrooms but they are not top of the list - too many other things to do and the bathrooms are all fine, just not to our taste. We’ve recently had our house measured up for new carpets and the man who owns the local flooring company mentioned that the bathroom floors are looking so grimy / tired because they’ve been over polished and dirt is sticking to the polish. Is there anything I can do to smarten them up / clean them / remove the excess polish? I’ve got a bottle of pro 4 vinyl cleaner in the house, which is half empty, I’m guessing this is the culprit as it possibly hasn’t been diluted properly and used to frequently.

wowfudge Sat 13-Jan-18 22:07:32

Is there a stripper/deep cleaner that will remove the build up? There might be something in the HG range which B&Q and ironmongers, etc sell or the same make as the cleaner you've been using.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: