Talk

Advanced search

Lovely clean tidy house?!

(7 Posts)
littlebunnyhophophop Fri 12-Jan-18 11:54:12

How is it when I go to friends houses they have more kids than us to they have the place spotless?! Even the duvets and sheets are ironed out house looks like a crackden half the time we seem to go from one crisis to the next ! So if your one of these people with loads of children's, could from scratch and have a spotless home how the hell do you do it?!grin

RowenasDiadem Fri 12-Jan-18 12:15:40

They're not on Mumsnet?

I guess it's just different priorities. I have one friend that doesn't like to sit down until her jobs are done. She prefers to have our (group of friends) meet ups on certain days as, for example only, Fridays is her bed changing day, or Wednesday mornings is for doing the bedrooms etc. Personally I'll unknowingly ignore mess until suddenly I'm sick of it and will go absolutely nuts cleaning and scrubbing in a rage at how awful this place is. Then you can really see the difference in my house. It's lovely.

Until the kids get home.

NewYearSameOldMe Fri 12-Jan-18 12:31:41

I like to think they secretly take loads of amphetamines...😂😂😂

Annwithnoe Fri 12-Jan-18 21:21:20

This blog made so much sense to me. It’s all about having an unfortunate condition called slob-brain grin--which I demonstrably suffer from so I am not qualified to give any further advice--

Dontbuymeroses Sat 13-Jan-18 16:03:26

I have 4 kids, a tidy house AND go on mumsnet occasionally! I do cook from scratch, just not every night (and not tonight as DH is cooking).

Being clutter free helps (Marie Kondo was a game changer for me) and I do my grocery shopping online to save time which can then be used on a bit of house work or whatever.

I think in the distance past I also did a bit of fly lady. I pretty much make sure that by the time I go to bed the house is tidy. In the morning I put a wash on, empty the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen by the time we leave for school. A lot of what keeps the house tidy is routine.

Sarahh2014 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:25:44

I tidy up as I go along and always make sure kitchen is tidy or I feel like The whole house is a tip for some reason

Littlelambpeep Sat 13-Jan-18 20:01:46

I think I keep mine tidy but I know it could be immaculate except I try to have a life too!! I keep the main areas clean. Wash floors etc most nights but it could be better.

Maybe they have a cleaner

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: