Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom smells like a tube station!

(23 Posts)
Fishwifey Fri 15-Dec-17 11:27:15

The majority of the people who live in our house are male. Some big, some small. Not one of them has mastered the skill of pissing within the toilet bowl!! Unless I go in and clean the toilet and it’s entire surroundings(wall included!!) the toilet and bathroom smell like a dirty urinal!! The piss is under the joints and hinges of the toilet seat too. It’s really getting me down now and I hate using the bathroom.
How do you all cope with this?! I’ve tried mats around the toilet but still, it stinks!!

RestingGrinchFace Fri 15-Dec-17 11:28:18

Why can't they just sit down?

Fishwifey Fri 15-Dec-17 15:17:07

They do sometimes! But little winkies have a tendency to pop up and pee through gaps between seats and bowls!

AlleyG Fri 15-Dec-17 15:21:23

Put some disinfectant in your bathroom and tell them to wipe around the toilet (including the wall) every time they use it.

If they don't comply, leave blood stains on the toilet seat. We all have disgusting body functions. If they insist on sharing theirs, so will you.

Do you have another bathroom/toilet? If so, I would designate one for men and one for women. Leave the cleaning up to them and never go in there.

PricillaQueenOfTheDesert Fri 15-Dec-17 15:22:39

Unless the males are your husband and sons I’d seriously be looking for alternative accommodation.
If it is your husband and sons, bloody tell them! You’re not there to mop up their piss.

GreenTulips Fri 15-Dec-17 15:23:56

With little Ines throw a ping pong ball in the water, aids concentration!

Ask Larger males to show them how to wipe round after!!

Timelass Fri 15-Dec-17 15:30:31

For the little ones tell them to aim at a ping pong ball in the toilet bowl.

GreenTulips Fri 15-Dec-17 15:31:38

Snap

MsHomeSlice Fri 15-Dec-17 15:46:41

March them back in and stand over them until they have cleared up their mess

Why on earth would you go in there after them and do anything other than return them to their mess??...filthy mingers.

gardeningsarah Fri 15-Dec-17 16:46:20

I have the same problem. It's so annoying, I think I am the only one who can smell it. I have got loo seats that can be removed, so I soak them in the utility sink. Hate it.

OverlyYappy Fri 15-Dec-17 17:45:08

Bleach but it pisses me off too. Bleach helps

GetYourRocksOff Fri 15-Dec-17 17:47:29

Ugh I have this problem too

MaggieFS Fri 15-Dec-17 17:53:58

Ugh. Hate this. There are some gimmicky things you can get (see pics, but quite unhygienic themselves) and/or just leave a pack of cleaning wipes out?

As for the hinges, I had the seat off, scrubbed under the hinges and when I put the seat back, used bathroom sealant to stop any more getting underneath. So far it's worked.

Makinglists Fri 15-Dec-17 17:56:55

I feel your pain im the lone female in a house of for! At times our downstairs loo can small zoolgical! I find zoflora good at keeping it fresh for a day or two at a time

My pet have - rushing to the loo in socks, pants down then realising your socks are wet-grrrrrr!

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 15-Dec-17 18:03:59

Tell them if they keep doing it and not cleaning up after themselves, you’ll clean it. With their toothbrush.

Fishwifey Fri 15-Dec-17 18:13:49

Love all of these!! Glad I’m not alone in my misery. I like the idea of sealing up the hinges etc. That’s definitely one to try!

chachaboom Fri 15-Dec-17 22:52:00

Take the whole seat off. Go for the dingy nightclub look. (I may have done this when similarly exasperated...).

Fishwifey Sat 16-Dec-17 06:43:24

I don’t fancy sitting on bare porcelain! confused

LolitaLempicka Sat 16-Dec-17 06:49:04

Tube stations don't smell of piss, unlike your bathroom. Nice.

Roomba Sat 16-Dec-17 07:14:11

Take the whole seat off. Go for the dingy nightclub look. (I may have done this when similarly exasperated...).

I've threatened then tried to do this, only to discover that it's bloody impossible due to the shape of my toilet! I'd have to have three elbows per arm to be able to bend my arm enough to reach in to the bolts. This worries me as I had to replace two loo seats on my old toilet due to urine corroding the hinges/bolts until they actually snapped <boak>.

I may try threatening to leave blood on the seat - that may actually get the message across to my 12 year old (the worst culprit, he can't even be arsed to lift the seat so I end up sitting in it if I'm not careful, nice...). He may just be revolted enough to listen!

NoNamesLeft86 Sat 16-Dec-17 08:04:01

I dont think there is any excuse for anybody over the age of 4 without any disability to be leaving urine on or around the toilet seat.

You need to toilet train them or give them a massive kick up the arse

Orchardgreen Sat 16-Dec-17 08:15:53

You need a quick release toilet seat. Easy to remove from the top, for easy cleaning. Like this.....
www.diy.com/departments/cooke-lewis-diani-cream-top-fix-soft-close-toilet-seat/1294183_BQ.prd

As explained at #4 here....
www.toiletseatfinder.com/hinges.html

specialsubject Sat 16-Dec-17 15:03:02

With kids old enough to know better who can't be arsed, WiFi amputation should do the trick.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: