Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning a bread maker

(12 Posts)
Bobbins43 Fri 15-Dec-17 10:50:11

I am essentially a dirty skank. How do I clean the inside of my bread maker? Or is that beyond hope? (Pic attached hopefully)

DandySeaLioness Fri 15-Dec-17 11:05:03

damn confused I think if mine got to that point I'd be saying "screw it" and ordering a new one.

Maybe try working one side at a time, put the breadmaker on the side, sprinkle the side with baking soda then cover with a vinegar soaked dishcloth and let it sit before scrubbing?

excitedforxmas17 Fri 15-Dec-17 11:11:00

Is that mould? Get a new one.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 15-Dec-17 11:12:53

How has it become like that? confused

In my breadmaker it is just the tin and paddle that get dirty.

Bobbins43 Fri 15-Dec-17 11:19:03

I think it's just scorched on flour or dough. I'm basically a shit housekeeper.

MaidenMotherCrone Fri 15-Dec-17 11:21:45

Get a new one and clean it after every use.

Bobbins43 Fri 15-Dec-17 11:29:03

I can't really afford a new one but thank you for the advice.

Whilst I've got you, any ideas about removing grease from kitchen tiles and cabinets?

BunloafAndCrumpets Fri 15-Dec-17 11:46:31

I'd unplug it and give it a good scrub with a damp sponge. Turn it upside down to empty any crumbs. Let it dry. Will feel much better!

LoniceraJaponica Fri 15-Dec-17 12:34:03

How does the flour and dough get there in the first place?

Do you not fill the tin before placing it into the bread maker? This method means that any spills are on the work surface and not in the machine.

Bar Keepers Friend cream cleaner is brilliant. Don't get the spray as it isn't as good. The smell isn't great but it does the job.

Ifailed Fri 15-Dec-17 12:36:55

try some damp paper with some wholemeal (i.e. gritty) flour.

wowfudge Sat 16-Dec-17 07:12:03

To clean greasy cabinets and tiles, use sugar soap in a spray. Wear gloves as it is very drying, on the plus side it doesn't smell of anything. Spray on, leave for 30 seconds or so then wipe over with a cloth wrung out in hot water with a drop of Stardrops or multi purpose cleaner. If it's really greasy you may need to repeat and/or use a nylon scouring pad. Be careful if you have painted kitchen units. Use a tea towel to dry off once you have cleaned to stop smears.

bluebells1 Sat 16-Dec-17 07:20:18

shock Good Lord! Try Mr Muscle orange kitchen cleaner or barkeepers friend powder/paste. On this and the kitchen grime. It may help. Seriously though, how did you get spillage in a breadmaker???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now