Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a cordless hoover?

(23 Posts)
octopusrus Thu 07-Dec-17 13:18:00

I need a stick one rather than a stumpy one, if that makes sense.

Current one is a Hoover Freedom but the battery keeps falling out so I don't fancy another one of those!

CurlsRUs Thu 07-Dec-17 13:22:48

I've got a Bosch Athlet and it's been great! Works fine on our hard floors and carpets. Battery doesn't last ages if I run it on full power, but on medium power (which is strong enough for most of our dirt), it lasts pretty well.

help1978 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:34:07

Dyson animal
Changed my life
Sad as fuck but true!!! X

CurlsRUs Thu 07-Dec-17 13:35:24

Agree how a cordless hoover can change your life!

octopusrus Thu 07-Dec-17 13:47:16

Yes I'm missing mine loads!!!

I see the Athlet is on sale in Curry's at the mo.

I don't know if I could bring myself to spend the cash on a Dyson, they are sooo expensive.

help1978 Thu 07-Dec-17 14:02:16

They are expensive yes . I got 50 % off mine on Black fri sale ......otherwise wouldn’t have bothered x

Eryri1981 Thu 07-Dec-17 14:23:36

We bought a Dyson V6 at the same time as we bought our puppy, and would have struggled without it. We live in a very small cottage and can easily clean half the house from one charge, so it is now our only cleaner.

Got it from the Dyson outlet on Ebay, have been impressed by their costumer service, as charger pin had been crushed in packaging stage, and they had no issues sending a new one straight out without return of the broken one, and really quick too.

minipie Thu 07-Dec-17 14:30:43

Following, I want the same! It won't be our main hoover but more for round the kitchen table, stairs and spills.

Anyone got a Shark?

knockknockknock Thu 07-Dec-17 14:38:52

Dyson V8. Absolute life changer!!! I now hoover at least once a day (have a dog!!) as it's so easy rather than having to plug a vacuum in. I've hardly used my "proper one"since getting this one

PaxUniversalis Thu 07-Dec-17 22:38:34

Dyson V8. Excellent!

hatty44 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:40:10

Gtech air ram

ZaphodBeeblerox Thu 07-Dec-17 22:47:48

Dyson V7 on Black Friday sales, got it with a big discount and so far it’s amazing!

MrsPicklesonSmythe Fri 08-Dec-17 05:32:34

I have a shark (the basic blue cordless one) best Hoover I've ever used. Couldn't believe what I got even from hard floors after I'd already been over with Henry.
Henry lives in the garage now.

octopusrus Fri 08-Dec-17 16:54:26

I'm a bit gutted I missed the Black Friday sales!! Bad timing! Maybe I should try to hang on until after Xmas sales now!

octopusrus Fri 08-Dec-17 16:56:10

Oops pressed send too soon, on phone.

Hmm seems like Dyson are v popular but they are so much more than the rest! But my Hoover died so quickly, I don't want to keep buying loads of 50 quid ones which will work out more expensive in the long run...

knockknockknock Sat 09-Dec-17 07:43:05

I got my Dyson on the dyson Ebay outlet. It's a reconditioned one (you'd never know as it looks perfect). Only difference was the box and it has a 1 year not 5 guarantee.

Sammysquiz Sat 09-Dec-17 21:07:00

I’ve had the Dyson V8 and now have a Shark, and the Shark wins by a mile. It’s fantastic!

helpmum2003 Sat 09-Dec-17 21:11:40

I have the Bosch Athletics. I chose it over the Dyson for longer battery time. It is brilliant, love it.
Downside is that it's fiddly to convert to hand held mode and it's quite heavy for a hand held. Has to be in hand held to use a nozzle.

SleepMoon Sat 09-Dec-17 21:14:12

I've got the cheapest cordless dyson (dc759) and it's changed our life. I'm not sure how it compares to the Bosch one. The Bosch does have a much longer battery life. I picked mine up for £130 from Tesco using a code.

LemnisKate Sun 10-Dec-17 11:17:08

I have the Bosch athlet too and I love it. I got it from amazon but refurbished so it was half the price. It looked brand new though. My mum has a Dyson one and you have to keep your finger on the switch to keep it on which I find annoying if I have to use it for very long.

octopusrus Sun 10-Dec-17 21:16:37

Thanks so much for all the recs, very much appreciated!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Sun 10-Dec-17 21:17:55

dyson v8. I get excited when DS drops crumbs everywhere now 😂

squiz81 Tue 12-Dec-17 14:41:38

I got a dyson v6 from their ebay store. Its a refurbished model so was reduced to £140. Worth looking at refurbished models, they come with 1 year guarantee.
I did have a v8 but sent it back. It was very expensive and the power brush wouldnt rotate on max on our thicker carpets. Dyson were very good about taking it back.
Im so pleased with the v6. Really light and picks up really well. Much prefer it to my corded hoover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now