Talk

Advanced search

This casserole can't go in the oven can it?

(11 Posts)
PaleAzureofSummer Tue 05-Dec-17 13:05:43

Sorry this is a silly question, but i bought this casserole thinking a casserole can go either in the oven or on the hob, but now I've got it I've realised that because of the plastic handles and glass lid, it's probably only intended for use on the hob. Is that right? No instructions with it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008G0WHD4?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd
Thanks. I did ask on Amazon but didn't get any replies.

Kitsharrington Wed 06-Dec-17 11:29:54

No I wouldn't put that in the oven. You need Le Creuset/cast iron type for the oven and hob.

PaleAzureofSummer Wed 06-Dec-17 12:57:30

Thanks. Will have to use that one as a saucepan and look again for one to go in the oven. (Don't need it to go on the hob too.)

heidiwine Wed 06-Dec-17 13:01:57

I’d be shocked it the handles weren’t oven proof. If it’s going to withstand the heat of an open flame on the hob it’ll be fine in the oven...

blueskyinmarch Wed 06-Dec-17 13:06:42

I have a pan like that which can be used on the hob or in the oven. Glass lid and plastic handles are both heat resistant. A casserole dish is made for going in the oven. I would be pretty sure it can be used that way. What else would you do with it otherwise?

oldlaundbooth Wed 06-Dec-17 13:08:10

It looks like a stove top to me.

Shame because it's a casserole dish!

PaleAzureofSummer Wed 06-Dec-17 13:11:03

You can make a casserole on the hob only. I've contacted the seller to ask.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 06-Dec-17 13:13:37

I'm fascinated that customers looking at that casserole also looked at three different glass bongs...

SeaToSki Wed 06-Dec-17 13:15:23

Usually handles like that are OK up to a reasonable temp, but you cant put them in a crazy hot oven or under the grill and expect them to stay unscathed. The glass lid should be pyrex, but to be honest unless you have manufacturer instructions I would be careful.

PaleAzureofSummer Wed 06-Dec-17 13:27:39

Thanks. Think I'll get a pyrex dish

PaleAzureofSummer Wed 06-Dec-17 13:30:36

Breakfast. I was on the mobile site and couldn't see that but just had a look at the desktop site and i get the bongs too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now