Talk

Advanced search

Which washing machine?

(15 Posts)
Bochdew Mon 04-Dec-17 13:44:10

Looks like I'm in need of a new washing machine, just had a quick browse on ao.com but there are so many I literally have no idea where to start. Our current one is a 6kg indesit, bought pre children so could probably do with a bigger one but other than that I've no idea what I need. Any recommendations please?

Madbengalmum Mon 04-Dec-17 13:46:06

I always buy Bosch, one with an option to open the door once the cycle has started to add anything forgotten. Had two now, and both have been brilliant.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Mon 04-Dec-17 13:48:03

I've got a large drum LG, which breaks my normal rule of only buying Miele. It's good.

whiskyowl Mon 04-Dec-17 13:48:47

A lot of the ones Which? recommends are really pricey - apart from the Samsungs, which get a great write-up and cost around £400. Try the Samsung WW90J6410CX or WW80K5413UW.

Do NOT buy a Bosch. I have vowed eternal vengeance on them since they left me with a dishwasher that was emitting electric shocks. Seriously, their customer service is RUBBISH.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Mon 04-Dec-17 13:52:44

I love my Samsung ecobubble.

I have a messy 5yr old, an adult who works with oil/in really dirty places, and me who likes walking in mud/rain, plus my Dad who's fond of messing about with wood

We get through loads of washing.

Its also great because you can stick a couple of things in in an emergency and it will weigh it first and only use as much water as needed.

Be warned though....the tune will drive you mad eventually!

jennylindinha Mon 04-Dec-17 13:54:12

Samsung ecobubble for sure! I don't mind the tune but you can turn it off if it gets on your nerves...

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Mon 04-Dec-17 13:55:05

Meant to add...its an 8kg and can cope with most big/heavy things, and you can get soo much more washing done in one go with the extra 2kg!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 04-Dec-17 13:56:11

My Miele has been great. Not the best looking machine, but sooooo reliable.

Radyward Mon 04-Dec-17 13:59:12

Miele all the way. Have mine 8 yrs. Washing every day . Not a bother on it

chocolatespiders Mon 04-Dec-17 13:59:28

I have a three year old Samsung eco bubble and all I can say is thank goodness for the 5 year warranty. I have had almost every part on it replaced. I guess one good thing is I have an almost new machine again!

Madbengalmum Mon 04-Dec-17 15:52:40

Whiskyowl, trust me you must have had a bad one. Bosch service has always been excellent for me, Miele are my worst nightmare though, would never darken their door again.

TheFairyCaravan Mon 04-Dec-17 16:09:31

We’ve got a Bosch. We always had them then for some reason we had a Hotpoint Aqualtis. Never, ever would we do that again. It got to the point where I knew how the engineer took his tea he was here that regularly.

We had insurance on it so after a major component went and Hotpoint left me without a machine for 5 weeks they paid out and we went back to Bosch.

Tiddlywinks63 Mon 04-Dec-17 16:14:02

Hot point Ultimate 9kg load.
£299, absolutely brilliant workhorse- had last on for 15 years without problems and used nearly every day.

EcoCleaner Mon 04-Dec-17 17:44:43

Miele! Ours is 8 years old and never missed a beat. Cycle times are good too.

blodynmawr Mon 04-Dec-17 17:50:50

Another vote for Samsung Ecobubble 8kg.
Mine is 2 years old and does 1-2 loads per day. Family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers where sports and oily clothes are a key feature.
I have had no probs with the Samsung <touches wood>. Was previously a Bosch devotee but the last Bosch barely managed 3 years before giving up the ghost...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now