Talk

Advanced search

New Dishwasher!!! Salt?

(7 Posts)
Sychnant Mon 04-Dec-17 11:47:21

Just taken delivery of my first ever dishwasher and I'm pathetically excited!

Do I really need to add salt and water and run it through before I use it properly? The manual says so... but I've bought all in one tabs, and don't have any salt!

wowfudge Mon 04-Dec-17 21:47:12

Are you in a hard or soft water area? If hard water, I would use salt as well.

Sychnant Tue 05-Dec-17 09:04:44

Thankyou Wowfudge smile

I did the test strip and we have very soft water - I have put salt in anyway as from reading other threads it seems that the dishwasher will just use less the if we had hard water?

I didn't do an "empty wash" first, just added all the stuff and tried it out. Came out beautifully clean!

So this morning I've got all the baking trays, the pasta bake dish, the chopping boards and the old plastic plates out to give them a "superwash"! I know it's sad, but I'm enjoying it very much :D

Battleax Tue 05-Dec-17 09:07:33

Came out beautifully clean!

That's your day sorted grin

I hope you've got some DC/people handy to use as much crockery as possible.

Sychnant Tue 05-Dec-17 13:14:17

Battleax , today I am washing all the metalwork associated with my horses - so mainly stirrup irons and bits :D Also also the cat and dog food bowls.

I've wanted a dishwasher for 20 years, I'm making the most of this. It's like getting the toy you desperately wanted for Christmas as a child :D

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:43:52

I'd have added salt anyway too. For what it costs you may as well.

wowfudge Wed 06-Dec-17 20:22:38

We have very soft water and I never put salt in our dishwasher. Haven't done for years. I use Aldi Magnum all in one tablets and get great results.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: