Talk

Advanced search

I'm going in

(6 Posts)
building2017 Mon 04-Dec-17 08:43:32

Wish me luck. I'm doing a clean on my nearly 13 yo ds's bedroom. He has networks of ant housing all over the room as well as 'displays' of trinkets and souvenirs and so on. The cleaners do a weekly whip round but I just think it needs a deep clean and a bit of TLC before Christmas.

But whenever I do this to his or his sisters rooms I get this overwhelming urge to purge and I get claustrophobic from all their precious bits. My heart starts racing and I just feel like I am in a sort of awful nest of some kind. The kids are actually quite good with their rooms so it is just me.

So wish me luck. My aim is just to clean and get rid of dust and maybe reorganise a tiny bit. And chuck any rubbish.

goldenclaire Mon 04-Dec-17 10:04:15

Have you re-surfaced yet?

lifesaverormassmurderer Mon 04-Dec-17 10:05:32

I'm doing same today once I get off mumsnet!

New carpets being fitted in bedrooms this week so must be done.

building2017 Mon 04-Dec-17 10:57:01

Still going. It is okay. I put on a few podcasts, had a cuppa just now and I'm going back for more. It is worth it,especially with Christmas looming.

building2017 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:56:04

Okay, I'm done. Nearly 4 hours. Not too bad in the end. Not much truly grim stuff. Bit of reorganisation but nothing that will make him cross smile

building2017 Mon 04-Dec-17 11:57:08

Looks like only 3 hours but I had actually started a bit before I posted and only posted because I could feel the panic / rage building smile call it 3.5 hrs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now