Talk

Advanced search

Emergency gas

(5 Posts)
SuzieCath Sun 03-Dec-17 07:48:23

Hi I wonder if anyone can help answerror my query. I have a British Gas pay as you go meter. I have currently used all the emergency credit and am not able to top up until Tuesday. We have been on an extremely tight budget of £130 this week with a 6 year old and a 9 year old. I have plenty of food to eat but now am unable to cook it. Does anyone know if there is any way British Gas could put my gas on or give me extra emergency until Tuesday? I am unable to make the call as I have no credit and only £1.44 to last us. My partner works extremely hard on nights but has been off the last 3 weeks due to an accident and if he's sick he doesn't get paid as his contract is classed as self employed. Any answers would be great fully received.

scurryfunge Sun 03-Dec-17 07:58:24

You could make an on line query with them but I don't know how soon they'd respond.

specialsubject Sun 03-Dec-17 12:04:43

Find a friend and borrow their phone, many people have unlimited calls.

Bumbumtaloo Sun 03-Dec-17 12:11:19

I know some companies will give you an emergency top up (after the emergency credit has been used) but not sure if British Gas are one of them. If you can’t phone them do they have a live chat facility? I think they are the only ones who can tell you if they do or not.

tshirtsuntan Sun 03-Dec-17 12:14:48

They should be willing to help you as the children mean you're classed as vulnerable. How will you get in touch though? Partners phone? Friend? Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now