Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a Pressure & Multi cooker - Pressure King?

(14 Posts)
Chickenagain Fri 01-Dec-17 15:53:59

I'm going to be decamping to a tiny apartment in the Alps next week and the cooking & storage facilities will be very limited.
I want to make bread for lunches, slow cook for supper and pressure cook soups. I have a halogen cooker for healthy roasts, but fancy am all singing & dancing machine. Are there any that are good at all these things?

MissConductUS Fri 01-Dec-17 16:41:22

I love my Instant Pot and it functions very well as a slow cooker as well as a pressure cooker.

Instant Pot

It has a lot of preprogrammed cooking options.

Chickenagain Fri 01-Dec-17 17:15:14

That's the kind of thing I'm after, have you ever tried making bread with it?

MissConductUS Fri 01-Dec-17 18:39:50

No, I have not. It had never occurred to me that I could, but it is possible according to Mr. Google:

www.hippressurecooking.com/pressure-cooker-bread-less-energy-less-time-real-bread/

mybrainhurtsalot Fri 01-Dec-17 18:47:47

Seconding the instant pot recommendation.

Skirlie Fri 01-Dec-17 22:37:28

I would also recommend the Instant Pot. Had never used a pressure cooker before and now use it regularly. I also like the sauté function for initial browning or thickening after cooking.

Chickenagain Fri 01-Dec-17 23:46:37

I'll have a look for an Instant pot then! Thank you 😄

Protectingmydaughterfromfilth Fri 01-Dec-17 23:49:57

I found the instant pot added a horrible taste to everything it cooked! So I sent it back. Going to try the Pressure King Pro. It can do so much more as well. 12 in 1 whereas Instant Pot is only 7 in 1

PeekabooPoo Fri 01-Dec-17 23:50:37

Instant pot ( another vote)

wowfudge Sat 02-Dec-17 09:51:18

I've not experienced any issues with the taste of anything cooked in the Instant Pot. You do have to be careful to get the version with the functions you want and I am aware from a FB group I am a member of that some have been out of stock recently in the UK.

Protectingmydaughterfromfilth Sun 03-Dec-17 00:14:03

Chicken hmm** I had the 8 in 1! The top one!

Chickenagain Tue 05-Dec-17 08:00:40

Thank you - it's on order & I'm rather excited
I use my basic stove top one a fair bit, but I'm looking forward to the versatility.

BTW - think carefully before you ever use cous-cous. Once had a minor eruption & damn stuff gets everywhere...

Chickenagain Fri 15-Dec-17 05:55:14

Well it's here & I love it! Even did one pot spag not - fantastic - 6 minutes!!

MothershipG Fri 15-Dec-17 06:00:20

The UK instant pot Facebook group is really good for tips and ideas, and back up when things don't go to plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now