Advanced search

Cleaning Textured Vinyl Flooring

(10 Posts)
TrinityBelle Thu 30-Nov-17 13:24:27

We had textured vinyl flooring put onto our bathroom floor a few months back. Loved the design but I can't get it clean! It has a white background and the dirt is really obvious. Tried steam mopping, wet mopping, on hands-and-knees with a brush but it barely makes a difference. Is there anything I can put on to 'lift' the dirt prior to mopping?

allwornout0 Mon 04-Dec-17 16:11:59

After having the exact same problem as you, the only thing that worked was spraying the cleaner called 'Elbow Grease' onto the floor and wiping with a clean cloth.
OMG, the dirt that came up was terrible.

picklemepopcorn Mon 04-Dec-17 16:45:01

Try using one of those rubber prong brooms or brushes to wash it, then wipe dry with a mop.

TrinityBelle Tue 05-Dec-17 08:03:06

Thank you. I have 'Elbow Grease' and a rubber pronged broom so I shall get to work! <Rolls up sleeves>

CactusCactusCactus Tue 05-Dec-17 14:36:30

Any luck Trinity? Same issue here, I seem to have given up so far...

TrinityBelle Tue 05-Dec-17 21:06:11

Um, no. Didn't get around to it blush. I'll do it tomorrow and report back.

CactusCactusCactus Wed 06-Dec-17 00:09:52

Ha no rush!

TrinityBelle Tue 12-Dec-17 16:10:52

UPDATE! I got the floor really clean using hot water, bleach and Stardrops. I had to use a 'magic sponge' and scrub on my hands and knees. Luckily this area of flooring isn't very big!

noodlesandtomatoes Tue 12-Dec-17 16:18:00

Cream cleaner, like cif, on your hands and knees.

christmasrage Tue 12-Dec-17 16:18:43

Be aware, if the flooring has lost its surface, it will be filthy again in no time. I did this to a kitchen when I was a student but on,y did half the floor. At first the difference was shocking but within a week you couldn't tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now