Talk

Advanced search

Bunging in extra softener in my wash?

(6 Posts)
TeaAndToast85 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:27:19

Can this damage the clothes/machine? I like the smell, and find it lasts a bit longer if I fill the cap rather than half fill it.

Also, expecting first DC, is it ok to do this with baby clothes or can it irritate their skin? I buy the white comfort with the baby on the bottle.

Thanks smile

SuburbanRhonda Tue 14-Nov-17 08:34:03

What’s important is that your clothes are clean, not how strongly they smell of fabric softener. So no, I wouldn’t use twice the recommended amount, especially on a new-born baby’s clothes, for exactly the reason you say. The baby doesn’t care what its clothes smell of.

Fucky Tue 14-Nov-17 08:34:59

You’re only supposed to use half a cap???

SimultaneousEquation Tue 14-Nov-17 08:36:03

Fabric softener can irritate babies’ skin. The stronger the smell, the more artificial fragrance is stored in the fabric to seep out and cause irritation.

PickAChew Tue 14-Nov-17 08:36:55

I prefer my clothes to smell of nothing but if you want yours to have an artificial stink, then knock yourself out.

wheresmyphone Tue 14-Nov-17 08:43:01

If you are adding a lot of conditioner top up the rest of the container where you put the conditioner in with water. Engineer told me this: it helps the pipes between where you put conditioner in and the drum running nice and freely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: