Talk

Advanced search

Cat and Mouse

(1 Post)
Pierrette Mon 13-Nov-17 10:44:51

We have lived in our house for 10 years, and never had any issues with mice. Then we got 2 kittens a year ago, one of whom likes to catch things and bring them in (alive and dead). For the past week, I have been greeted by the sight of a dead mouse in the kitchen almost every morning (the cats stay there overnight and have a cat flap). We have also had a few incidents of one coming in with a live mouse and kindly releasing it into the house as a plaything.
I assumed the mice were just being brought in from outside, but then over the weekend I saw one running along the TOP of our conservatory wall, inside beneath the glass roof... and then horror of horrors, I opened a food cupboard to discover a dead mouse lying at the front (high-pitched scream from me). I discovered a gap at the back where it obviously got in, and have blocked it up (and disinfected the cupboard and thrown away the open packets - eeeeeuch)
So my question is - is it possible the cats have introduced the mice to our house and they're now breeding? Or is it just a coincidence, and our hunter cat is helping to keep them at bay (the other one is too lazy to chase things!) Will mice-catching cats always keep mice under control? Would love to hear from anyone with cats AND mice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now