Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oven cleaning- How much?

(16 Posts)
stayathomegardener Sun 12-Nov-17 23:12:05

So basically the ovens are revolting.
I did buy a cleaning kit and after several hours I really cannot see a discernible difference.
So decided to get some quotes for professional cleaning.
Two built in singles and a freestanding double.
They have come in at £190 and £220 so far.
Does that sound right?
This is something I had never contemplated before, hence the revoltingness.

stayathomegardener Mon 13-Nov-17 08:28:48

Bump.

Notreallyarsed Mon 13-Nov-17 08:33:14

With it being 4 ovens total needing cleaned I’d say that’s reasonable. We are £80 for a built under single.

NewtsSuitcase Mon 13-Nov-17 08:36:06

That sounds ok to me for what you have. Most people don't have four ovens.

stayathomegardener Mon 13-Nov-17 08:39:32

Ok. Sigh.
Thanks, will book.
Any tips on keeping them clean?

NewtsSuitcase Mon 13-Nov-17 08:49:01

I had mine done three weeks ago. The glass is already splattered having done four or five roasts since then.

I've put a telfon sheet on the bottom to catch drips but its a fan oven and so it flaps about. I can only assume you need to clean the glass door on a very regular basis to keep it looking nice.

If you have glass that slides in and out then do make sure you put it back in the correct way. Ours was put back in upside down and three days later it shattered into a thousand pieces.

prettyprettyprettyprettyghoul Mon 13-Nov-17 08:59:57

It’s £50 round my way (SE London)

stayathomegardener Mon 13-Nov-17 09:10:22

It's £55 for the singles and £80 for the freestanding in Cheshire pretty so not far off.
Definitely won't be attempting anything myself again. Shudders at shattering doors!

allinclusive Mon 13-Nov-17 09:20:36

As a side thing, I bought an oven with a pyroclean function - amazing - worth the extra when you upgrade. I'm moved house 6 months later 😬😬😬. I use oven pride myself, but I have time to do that. It's £35 up in the NW.

sizenines Mon 13-Nov-17 09:27:43

I use a Polti steam cleaner every few months because I hate chemical smell coming from a hot oven. I'm happy with the result. I think they have some videos on YouTube.

If you live in Cheshire you could get your housekeeper to do it grin

FruitBadger Mon 13-Nov-17 09:42:37

Initially I thought that sounded expensive, but for two singles and a free standing double it's probably about right. c£40 here for a single, c£55 for a double (the big bottom bit & half size grill bit at the top), excluding hobs and grill pans. I'm Surrey / Sussex / Hampshire border.

I ended up buying a pyrolytic oven and use Oven Pride very rarely on the other bits (about every 6 months ish).

stayathomegardener Mon 13-Nov-17 17:04:08

Thank you all, information noted.
Booked for next Wednesday.
I had to sack the housekeeper @sizenines as there might have been a tiny little oven fire that prompted this thread. blush

fucksakefay Mon 13-Nov-17 17:12:10

I paid £100 for a range master with two ovens a grill section and 6 burner job

Bowerbird5 Wed 15-Nov-17 03:52:09

Wow! What a variation in price. My son just bought a house and the owners had left the ove n dirty. He paid £30 and the guy did an amazing job. I think I'll get mine done.

Stopyourhavering Wed 15-Nov-17 03:58:33

My cleaner does it as part of routine stuff when she comes to my house every fortnight....(£50 for 2 hrs work for her and her sister to clean the house and do anything else that needs doing!)blush
Only started getting cleaner as I'm off work and immunocompromised....sad
best £100/month I've spent in 33yrs of employment!

OldWitch00 Wed 15-Nov-17 04:37:42

does the uk not have self cleaning ovens??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now