Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a product that would leave my wood effect laminate flooring look shiny?

(7 Posts)
hiddley Sun 12-Nov-17 18:30:36

I usually use Flash or zoflora on it, but though it looks clean, it looks dull.

Any ideas to make it look almost like varnished wood or something?

I realise it's a big ask. TIA.

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 12-Nov-17 18:44:44

Any non slip wood floor polish. We always used to get ours from Robert Dyas & I can picture the bottle but can’t remember the name.
Usually you apply to the floor with a damp cloth (over the end of a broom or flat mop) and then go out to the pub whilst you wait for it to dry wink

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 12-Nov-17 18:51:24

This. It used to be called Klear. It’s also good for tiles. And warhammer model painting grin

hiddley Sun 12-Nov-17 19:06:05

Cool - so they'll work on laminate?

hiddley Sun 12-Nov-17 19:06:37

Plus I presume you wash the floors then use the polish?

SnowBallsAreHere Sun 12-Nov-17 20:02:33

Yes. Works on any hard floor.
Wash & wait for floor to dry.
Then put a thin coat of this on and leave to dry.

We’d use it for ages...every so often —5 years maybe?— you need to remove the finish with another product, & start the layers up again.
The floor does need to be clean. And ideally swept over with a static floor wipe mop thingy —swiffer?— otherwise I’d find I had a beautifully polished floor with the odd long hair of mine or some a ball of cat fur trapped in the varnish finish grin

hiddley Sun 12-Nov-17 23:01:47

So you put it on neat? As it happens, I bought floor cloths today (I use them to stand out on when I get out of the bath usually), but they may be a bit hairy with fluff falling off? I don't know what a static floor wipe mop thingy - Swiffer? is???
Am I going to have to go down on my hands and knees? I suspect the floor shall remain dull if that's the case haha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now