Talk

Advanced search

Tumble Dryers, what type?

(4 Posts)
HolyShmoly Sat 11-Nov-17 19:06:50

I think I've convinced DH that we should get a tumble dryer. We do have a utility room space, but it's uninsulated and gets very cold. Hanging clothes up to dr in there just causes a huge amount of damp. I did consider getting a dehumidifier, but I figure a tumble dryer will probably cost only a little more and work better for what we need it to do.

As it's a cold room (and we live oop North) I don't know if it could be too cold for a heat pump one. So would condenser be best? Is there a type that's safest? We could potentially have vented, but is there any benefit in them?

EcoCleaner Sun 12-Nov-17 10:51:51

I prefer vented, they’re quicker, quieter and you don’t have to mess around emptying the water tank

Flomper Sun 12-Nov-17 10:55:57

ive got a heat pump condenser one where you never have to empty the tank. I think it would work anywhere. I think condensers have largely replaced vented as they are much more energy efficient.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 12-Nov-17 10:58:20

We have a condensing tumble dryer and still run a dehumidifier.

I love my dehumidifier and I love my tumble dryer but given the choice it would be the dehumidifier every time.

I am looking at drying cupboards though for my new utility room blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: