Talk

Advanced search

Robot vacuum cleaners.

(10 Posts)
wheresmyphone Wed 08-Nov-17 22:37:44

Thinking about a Roomba. Mostly hard floors, probably 95% of house. Would you recommend yours? Will it do the whole ground floor if I leave doors open. Or will I have to set it up room by room? Will it be able to navigate around a dining table with 10 chairs i.e. Lots of legs to deal with! Or is this just a waste of money and I need to get off my butt😳. Any feedback gratefully received!!!!

wheresmyphone Sat 11-Nov-17 08:05:01

What's going on.......invitation to wax lyrical about a vacuum cleaner and no one biting? Disappointed! 😀

TheBitterBoy Sat 11-Nov-17 08:12:03

This was my question a couple of months ago here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/housekeeping/3047426-Roomba-robot-vacuum-cleaner-questions?msgid=72360897
Love my Roomba.
It depends on your dining chairs, mine are wide enough for it to get through them sideways but not from the back. I tend to pull them out every other run to let it have a good go under the table.

Anatidae Sat 11-Nov-17 08:13:11

Absolutely bloody love ours.

Does the whole downstairs- thinking of getting an upstairs one too smile

melonsandbananas Sat 11-Nov-17 08:21:02

Loved mine, had wet version too. It will do the whole ground floor, I usually put chairs on the table out of the way.

But! A lot of people don't like them at all. They can take a long time to do everywhere so aren't a quick fix if you've got visitors coming etc. They haven't got a big bag so you will have to empty the little drawer more regularly.

Sadly for me, 3 years later my battery is broken and they are about £100 to replace. I've got other priorities right now and I'm a bit miffed it didn't last longer so it's gone to the attic.

TheBitterBoy Sat 11-Nov-17 08:23:16

I just carry mine upstairs. I always use the same dock location upstairs, and a different one downstairs, and it seems to cope fine.

I have mostly hard floors downstairs, and am impressed. Also I was really impressed by how it manages to get over quite high doorways. We have an extension that still has some older style sliding double glazed doors into the rest of the house (used to go into the back garden) and it can handle getting over the runners quite easily.

It does the whole of my upstairs on one charge (average 3 bed semi), but if I want a thorough clean downstairs I need to trap it in a couple of rooms at a time because the ground floor is much bigger, so it doesn't get everything on one charge if I let it roam free.

Bubblysqueak Sat 11-Nov-17 08:24:00

We have a Neato. Less than half the price and really good. Copes with our dogs hair and dies hard floors and rugs.

CrabappleCake Sat 11-Nov-17 08:26:24

Like ours. Not good if anyone has very long hair as you have to clean out its little brushes. Don't set it off on the timer if you have pets as it'll just go through pet sick etc.

But well fo a scan of the ground floor, pick up chargers etc and leave it yo get on with it.

Lordasriel Sat 11-Nov-17 08:29:30

Well worth the money.

wheresmyphone Sat 11-Nov-17 12:02:50

Thanks everyone! Roomba it is. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now