Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy lovely essential oils?

(10 Posts)
Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 10:30:23

I would like some to put in my electric room diffuser thing and also to make my own cleaning spray but there are some really suspect reviews on Amazon!

I don't mind paying a bit more for nice long-lasting smells but don't want to end up with oils that smell of 'cats piss' as one reviewer puts it!

I really want a nice orange blossom one!

peppykoala Wed 08-Nov-17 10:44:38

The best I've found are the Absolute Aromas ones (my yoga teacher used the Jasmine one in her diffuser and I had to track it down!). They definitely seem to give much more of a scent than the others I've tried, not sure if they're more concentrated.

Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 10:52:44

Brilliant-thank you, I will search for those!

Zoesweet Wed 08-Nov-17 10:56:07

I'm pretty sure you can get that online. Got several from amazon a few months back. Just be careful in choosing sellers as some delay shipment for weeks.

AuntieStella Wed 08-Nov-17 11:04:54

Holland and Barrett are good for essential oils, but they don't always have the expensive ones such as orange blossom (possibly because they say they only do the pure oil, not the 10% in carrier that is the usual way of keeping the expensive ones affordable(.

They do have orange, sweet orange and tangerine (but not petitgrain)

For price comparison, Neal's Yard orange blossom (neroli) is £25 for 2.5 ml, petitgrain £6 for 10ml

Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 12:52:01

Typical that the one I like is expensive!

Any other recommends for nice smells?

I love the smell of Lilies and I also love my new Method rhubarb kitchen spray (just in case any essential oils smell like either of those grin!!)

PsychoSyd Wed 08-Nov-17 18:26:13

I get mine from enaissaince.

didireallysaythat Wed 08-Nov-17 20:35:52

Try mother nature goodies on eBay.

Bowerbird5 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:29:42

I bought some in Glastonbury when I was there one day. I will get back to you with the name. I mix mine so a few drops of about three makes a lovely smell.

Whatapickle78 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:24:14

Try Baldwin’s. They are amazing and have a great website and catalogue. The shop had been in London for decades if you live there or are passing through it’s worth a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now