Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy lovely essential oils?

(19 Posts)
Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 10:30:23

I would like some to put in my electric room diffuser thing and also to make my own cleaning spray but there are some really suspect reviews on Amazon!

I don't mind paying a bit more for nice long-lasting smells but don't want to end up with oils that smell of 'cats piss' as one reviewer puts it!

I really want a nice orange blossom one!

peppykoala Wed 08-Nov-17 10:44:38

The best I've found are the Absolute Aromas ones (my yoga teacher used the Jasmine one in her diffuser and I had to track it down!). They definitely seem to give much more of a scent than the others I've tried, not sure if they're more concentrated.

Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 10:52:44

Brilliant-thank you, I will search for those!

Zoesweet Wed 08-Nov-17 10:56:07

I'm pretty sure you can get that online. Got several from amazon a few months back. Just be careful in choosing sellers as some delay shipment for weeks.

AuntieStella Wed 08-Nov-17 11:04:54

Holland and Barrett are good for essential oils, but they don't always have the expensive ones such as orange blossom (possibly because they say they only do the pure oil, not the 10% in carrier that is the usual way of keeping the expensive ones affordable(.

They do have orange, sweet orange and tangerine (but not petitgrain)

For price comparison, Neal's Yard orange blossom (neroli) is £25 for 2.5 ml, petitgrain £6 for 10ml

Appuskidu Wed 08-Nov-17 12:52:01

Typical that the one I like is expensive!

Any other recommends for nice smells?

I love the smell of Lilies and I also love my new Method rhubarb kitchen spray (just in case any essential oils smell like either of those grin!!)

PsychoSyd Wed 08-Nov-17 18:26:13

I get mine from enaissaince.

didireallysaythat Wed 08-Nov-17 20:35:52

Try mother nature goodies on eBay.

Bowerbird5 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:29:42

I bought some in Glastonbury when I was there one day. I will get back to you with the name. I mix mine so a few drops of about three makes a lovely smell.

Whatapickle78 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:24:14

Try Baldwin’s. They are amazing and have a great website and catalogue. The shop had been in London for decades if you live there or are passing through it’s worth a visit.

ChesterBelloc Sat 16-Dec-17 08:51:13

Another vote for Baldwyns.

polarbear33 Mon 01-Jan-18 00:28:38

I use a Body Shop satsuma oil in my candle diffuser and it's bloody lovely. A little goes a long way, instant smell and lasts. I use it so much I think I'm a bit immune to it now and was starting to worry it wasn't as effective as I thought, but a guest the other day commented on the lovely zesty orangey smell so it's okay! A bottle costs £4 and there usually a 30% discount code about if you do a google. Much cheapness.

Lentilbaby Mon 01-Jan-18 00:36:50

Tisserand are good quality and organic

0nTheEdge Tue 02-Jan-18 08:07:05

Tisserand, enaissance, naturally thinking. I use these a lot for making skin care products. Geranium is a lovely smell too and not as expensive as neroli.
Citrus oils are fantastic for cleaning and are also usually the cheapest. Sweet orange, grapefruit and lime are my favourites and if you blend them together they smell like Starburst/Opalfruit sweets.
Make sure you take care when handling them and dilute properly (in carrier oil) if doing anything that will make it come into contact with your skin. I've had a few accidental spills and now use those little disposable gloves when handling them.

Footle Tue 02-Jan-18 10:09:45

Amphora Aromatics in Bristol.

totaldiva Tue 02-Jan-18 10:14:44

I've always had good quality oils from uk-freshskin on eBay. Very reasonably priced.

chloechloe Tue 02-Jan-18 20:38:30

ontheedge would you mind telling me how you use them for cleaning?

I want to make some sprays for wiping surfaces down with citrus oils but never know what to mix together.

0nTheEdge Tue 02-Jan-18 22:53:23

Sites like this are usually pretty good for ideas : www.theprairiehomestead.com/2016/04/essential-oil-cleaning-recipes.html
You can also usually add a few drops to washing up liquid safely to boost its degreasing power, and I often add 3 or 4 drops of lavender essential oil to my fabric conditioner when I measure it out into the lid so my washing smells lovely. You can add a few drops to your vacuum bag and it makes the house smell nice as the vacuum cleaner heats up. I use them a lot!

chloechloe Wed 03-Jan-18 19:41:24

Thanks for the link and those tips ontheedge, I'll try them out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: