Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have/use a window vac?

(12 Posts)
Sarahjconnor Mon 06-Nov-17 14:49:33

I've had to give the window cleaners notice after they 'forgot' to do upstairs AGAIN.

We have 3 skylights and 2 large bi fold doors - will a window vac be best? Any recommendations?

Sarahjconnor Mon 06-Nov-17 17:42:37

anyone?

BuggerOffAndGoodDayToYou Mon 06-Nov-17 17:48:47

I have a karcher window vac. Window cleaner dies outside of front windows and I do inside the fronts and inside and outside the back including a conservatory with glass to the floor.

I wash with warm water a little washing up liquid and a glug of white vinegar then finish off with the vac.

Love it!

rosie39forever Mon 06-Nov-17 19:44:35

Well worth having does the windows in minutes, great for condensation in the winter and also use it on my shower screens everyday, also really good for mirrors one of the best gadgets I have.

DottyBlue2 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:47:13

My Karcher has died and Homebase won't stock it again. I'm crying.

HammerToFall Mon 06-Nov-17 19:51:02

I have a spare window vac if anyone would like it. It's not the karcher one it's the vax. I'm not entirely sure we still have the charger either but the cleaner works well. We ended up with two after I bought one and so did DH and never took the other back.

hannahjonez Tue 07-Nov-17 12:30:17

I brought a Karcher about a year ago, well worth the money cleans the windows up real good.

Sarahjconnor Tue 07-Nov-17 14:05:01

Thanks for the replies - I'm going to get one. Any recommendations?

I'd love your spare one Hammer - if you aren't going to sell/return it?

HammerToFall Tue 07-Nov-17 20:06:33

Sarah,you are welcome to it but you may have to get a charger if I can't find it. Message me your address and I'll sort it out.

Sarahjconnor Tue 07-Nov-17 20:18:59

pm send smile

buckeejit Tue 07-Nov-17 20:27:30

Just before it got big I bought an ettore set which is what the window cleaners use-a mop & squeegee. Great job-want a karcher still, the V5 is supposed to be best-occasionally greatly discounted at Argos, but recommend getting an ettore golden glove to hot water, washing up liquid & vinegar & smear over window before sucking up

lolalotta Tue 07-Nov-17 21:13:50

Following

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now