Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mould in leather and suede boots - can I get it out?

(4 Posts)
NotJustThreeSmallWords Mon 06-Nov-17 13:48:44

I have my wardrobe against a cold wall as there is nowhere else for it to go and mould is starting to appear on my clothes and shoes.
In particular I have a pair of suede boots and a pair of leather boots that I would like to try to rescue.
Is it possible?

applesandpears33 Mon 06-Nov-17 18:37:18

I think the leather ones should be fine. First, I'd clean them with baby wipes. Next I'd get some old fashioned polish - the stuff that comes in a tin or a jar and leave it on the boots overnight before polishing them up in the morning. I've had small bits of mould on shoes and they've come up fine this way. The suede ones may be more of a problem. I'd try giving them a rub with baby wipes to see what happens.

NotJustThreeSmallWords Tue 07-Nov-17 00:02:55

Thanks for replying Apples.
On closer inspection the suede ones are actually beyond help, they are thick with fur. Shame, I really liked them!
The leather ones may survive. I've given them a wipe down. I'll get some polish and give it a go.
And I've invested in some moisture traps to go in the wardrobe, hope that will help rescue future shoes.

Namethecat Tue 07-Nov-17 00:10:03

If you Google it , they suggest using water and white vinegar ( so no chip shop smells ) also check ratio. Allow to completely dry then clean as usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now