Talk

Advanced search

Clothes peg containment?

(17 Posts)
randomsabreuse Mon 06-Nov-17 09:43:54

Any bright ideas. Have been in a scruffy carrier bag that lives on the windowsill by the back door annoying me every time. This needs to change now kitchen decluttering is nearly complete (and things being on the side attract other things to be dumped by DH!)

Not found any peg bags I like...

Help much appreciated.

paxillin Mon 06-Nov-17 09:48:43

I have a peg bag. I'm not sure I like it, never thought about it. It's a bit like the fairy bottle or the mop; it gets a pass when items are judged on their beauty or otherwise.

randomsabreuse Mon 06-Nov-17 10:07:45

I think my issue with peg bags is that they are no more practical with my washing line than a scruffy carrier bag and have generally worse access for grabbing handfuls of pegs to shove in pockets. Objects need to be practical or beautiful or both but definitely not neither and most of the peg bags I have seen fall into the neither category!

3catsandcounting Mon 06-Nov-17 10:08:34

I've had this Brabantia one for a good few years now. Holds loads of pegs, shower-proof and a little drain-hole at the bottom, clips on to line. Dunelm or Amazon, around £8ish.
Would get another tomorrow!

3catsandcounting Mon 06-Nov-17 10:10:53

I know it's not beautiful, and looks like a piece of camping equipment, but it looks better in real life! (and mines a lovely lime green colour)

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Mon 06-Nov-17 10:11:24

I have a peg bag ☹️.

I had some nice material I’d bought and had no real use for and pinched one of ds’s coat hangers to make it. It hangs near the washing machine and I just peg the stuff when I take it out of the machine.

BzyB Mon 06-Nov-17 10:17:35

I have a plastic basket from Lakeland
www.lakeland.co.uk/20531/Peg-Caddy-&-24-Pegs?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlI_yxdup1wIV6rDtCh20igKlEAQYCCABEgKAofD_BwE&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!105381514349!!!g!42886158984!&ef_id=VYyEXAAABJmpaAlk:20171106101607:s

It's a little small - I have a long line and the basket is almost overflowing with the number of pegs that I use ( I peg them round the edges so I can fit more in.

The also do a few oil cloth cross body bags www.lakeland.co.uk/25464/Cherry-Orchard-Oilcloth-Peg-Bag

SloanePeterson Mon 06-Nov-17 10:23:05

I bought the brabantia after a recommendation on here and I love it. So damn good at what it does and not at all flouncy and twee. The man in the till at John Lewis when I bought it couldn't get over how good it looked and we had a very dull and slightly surreal conversation about it grin

BackforGood Mon 06-Nov-17 10:40:31

Peg bag is far more practical than a carrier bag, as it hooks on to the washing line whilst you are hanging out the clothes or collecting them in, therefore leaving hands free ro clothes and actual pegging, surely ?

katmarie Mon 06-Nov-17 10:41:27

Another vote for the Brabantia one here, I have the black one and it holds loads of pegs, and looks smart and unobtrusive.

paxillin Mon 06-Nov-17 11:04:35

My trusty peg bag came from the poundshop about 10 years ago. It hooks on the washing line and has a hole midway so indeed beats a carrier bag, as BackforGood says. It shows no sign of wear and I am sure it will be with me 10 years hence.

randomsabreuse Mon 06-Nov-17 11:13:00

Know I could count on MN's wisdom. Love the brabantia ones!

My carrier bag sat in the basket which worked ok for me. The hanging ones always wander to the middle of the dip in the line for me!

Camping/climbing equipment is more my vibe!

2014newme Mon 06-Nov-17 11:15:00

Peg basket £1 from pound land. Has a hook to hang on the line

bookbook Mon 06-Nov-17 11:18:08

I have a peg bag - DH used an very old , well worn hand/tote bag , and added a doubled up wire coathanger to one of the straps to hang it over the line. It zips up , drys out - works a treat and looks (almost) like a handbag when its sat indoors

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer Mon 06-Nov-17 13:45:37

I use these for hanging shirts and tops on the line.

www.lakeland.co.uk/8829/12-Washing-Line-Clothes-Hanger-Hook-Ups

Reduces my ironing pile but would also keep a peg bag still on the washing line.

hannahjonez Tue 07-Nov-17 12:37:28

I've got a brabantia clothes peg bag, does the job and keeps the pegs neat and tidy. what more could you ask for lol.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Tue 07-Nov-17 12:48:05

Lakeland cross body one for me, it's so easy being handsfree and having them in an open bag by your side as you walk up and down the line, I'd never go back to a hook over the line type unless I switched to a rotary dryer. It hangs neatly on a peg by the back door.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: