Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a vacuum for my kitchen floor please!

(7 Posts)
Redrobinonspade Sat 04-Nov-17 16:58:28

I would appreciate any recommendations for a small vacuum to use on kitchen vinyl flooring to pick up daily dirt and dust quickly, before mopping. We could really do with a small, easy to store model as our larger vacuum is great for rest of house but rubbish on hard floors... any ideas? Thanks.

emsyj37 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:20:31

If you hoover up food it will make the hoover smell very bad very quickly. I learned this the hard way ☹. I have a long handles dustpan and brush for the kitchen and dining room which is quick and easy to whip round with.

Redrobinonspade Mon 06-Nov-17 18:58:58

Thanks, that’s a really good point!
At the moment I use a dustpan and brush but was just wanting a lightweight, smaller vacuum to whizz round and suck up those pesky bits of fluff that appear, even after using a brush...without resorting to getting out the large vac with hose and attachments. (Being very lazy here I know!!) ...Maybe I just need to be more proficient with the dustpan and brush! 😆

emsyj37 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:31:51

We have a cordless mini hoover but it is less efficient than the brush tbh - our main hoover is a Miele cylinder and it works a treat on hard floors, but sadly J had to retire it from kitchen duty as it just stank.

Redrobinonspade Tue 07-Nov-17 09:17:26

Thanks... looks like my dustpan and brush are staying put!

hannahjonez Tue 07-Nov-17 12:26:51

We've got a handheld Russel Hobbs vacuum cleaner it's perfect for our kitchen floor.

Redrobinonspade Wed 08-Nov-17 11:34:24

Had a look at the link- thanks. It seems a good price and is small too, with a cord. That looks great ..if I emptied it straight after use hopefully avoid a smelly vac 🤞🏻.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now