Talk

Advanced search

Leather Sofa by NEXT

(9 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Fri 03-Nov-17 08:15:30

What are the leather sofas from Next like? Do they wear well? DH and I have seen one we really like, have been looking for some time & came across this one one display in a store so we know that it's comfy. It's going to cost around £1300, which is a lot so I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased sofas, particularly leather ones from Next. There was a fabric one we liked too, but with a pre-teen & an 8yr old we think leather is more practical!

youvegottobekidding Mon 06-Nov-17 13:27:35

Anyone?!

897654321abcvrufhfgg Tue 07-Nov-17 12:48:50

Don't buy next sofas is my advice!

whoareyoukidding Tue 07-Nov-17 13:07:52

Check what kind of leather they are using. I know it sounds weird but there's (apparently) a way of blending leather with a cheaper kind of material. I found this out when the leather on my leather dining chairs started to split, even though it hadn't had much wear and tear. I forget what the part leather/part something else material is called, but google will tell you.

My point is that the leather made in the way I have described does not last as long as 'pure' leather furnishings.

DoraChance Tue 07-Nov-17 13:10:49

I can’t speak for the leather ones but my fabric sofa from Next was dreadful, the seams burst after only a few weeks. After a year it looked about 10 years old. Leather might be better though.

youvegottobekidding Wed 08-Nov-17 13:40:27

Thanks for the replies! As it turns out, we've decided to hold off buying a settee for now & make do, we can't justify spending £1300 on a settee when we aren't exactly sitting on the floor!

wheresmyphone Wed 08-Nov-17 22:15:50

DWELL ones are dreadful. Mine in a state after 4 months!

lookatthestars Wed 29-Nov-17 11:14:36

Our next sofas sadly haven't worn well.... they are five years old and on their last legs already sad

notsomumsymum Wed 29-Nov-17 11:19:03

I wouldn’t buy a next sofa either. Ours is 5 years old and it’s so tatty...no kids and fairly light usage as well. All the seat cushions have sunk badly and the fabric has gone bobbly. Avoid!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now