Talk

Advanced search

What household jobs are on your ‘do before chrisymas’ List?

(14 Posts)
handsfree Wed 01-Nov-17 15:48:47

I need to write one!

StewPots Wed 01-Nov-17 16:01:28

Clear out old toys, clothes and renewal crap and get rid of it accordingly.

Move furniture to hoover and dust behind (I am admittedly very a bit slack on this).

Declutter wardrobes, drawers etc ready for the next influx of pointless crap stuff to arrive.

Deep clean the kitchen.

I'm guessing I'll be lucky to get like two of those jobs done grin

StewPots Wed 01-Nov-17 16:01:49

Renewal? General ffs.

handsfree Wed 01-Nov-17 16:07:17

Obviously my title should say Christmas!! blush

handsfree Wed 01-Nov-17 16:07:55

What does deep cleaning the kitchen entail for you stewpots?

GeneandFred Wed 01-Nov-17 23:12:48

Clean oven
Hoover behind furniture
Tidy under the stairs
Steam clean sofa
Deep clean bedrooms
Wash down front door
Clean inside windows

PickAChew Wed 01-Nov-17 23:15:23

Fucking everything. We're moving, this month.

skankingpiglet Thu 02-Nov-17 00:03:49

Clean oven
Finish off odd bits of paintwork
Fit mantel over fire place (it's cut to length and 50% sanded and prepped so far)
Clear clutter from kitchen, dining room, and office/playroom
Clear spare room
Finish clearing my wardrobes of everything that no longer fits (so I can put all the crap from the spare room in there!)
Clear utility room of tools

blibblibs Thu 02-Nov-17 00:08:16

Just got to find a house, move in, furnish it and then get the tree up and we'll be sorted!
But really it means I won't have a furniture moving clean to do grin

DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 00:10:52

Clean over and microwave and shuffle the food around in the freezers so that one of them is dedicated just to the Christmas food.

Other stuff includes making sure all the baby clothes are washed and dried properly and put away and that the place is dusted because I know DH won't do it. ill have to force him as I'd have just given birth

BerylStrEeek Thu 02-Nov-17 00:13:19

Sell stuff on gumtree
Make curtains for kitchen & put up pole
clear cupboard in study

I honestly don't know if any of them will be done before Christmas, but it makes me feel good to list them.

Kuriusoranj Thu 02-Nov-17 00:25:54

Normally it's a deep clean everywhere that is going to be touched by decorations - so all the communal areas and my children's bedrooms. However, this year, like PickAChew, we're packing to move (slightly more notice than you, though). So added to the normal cleaning/sorting, we are doing a dramatic deep clutter, which will culminate in the horror that is our storage unit.

We've been renting a unit for the whole time we've been in the current country, as we moved from a big house to a smallish flat. I'm determined that we're not carting anything unnecessary to the next country, so it really needs a sort. Trouble is, we get to the unit, take one look at it and lose the will to live, quite frankly. Just the sight of floor-to-ceiling boxes of unknown crap makes me whimper. I'm determined though, and am bribing myself with Christmas decs. I'm not allowing myself to go to the unit for the decs unless I also plan to sort while I'm there.

NewtsSuitcase Thu 02-Nov-17 09:32:47

Decorate dining room (we started it before last Christmas blush)
Get a plumber to fix downstairs loo
Work out how to fix DSs PS4 which won't update

anything else is a bonus.

PippleBang Fri 03-Nov-17 16:56:28

Get the light fixture in the bedroom moved.

Get the bedroom ceiling plastered.

Put away the summer garden furniture blush

Prune the Apple tree.

Deep clean the whole house ahead of Christmas weekend.

Sort through DSDs toys and take any she doesn't want anymore to the charity shop.

Paint bedroom.

Clean the oven.

Not too much wink luckily I'm outsourcing most of it - all I need to do is sort through the toys, get DH to move the garden furniture, and together we tackle painting the bedroom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now