Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tumble dryer water in iron

(5 Posts)
RidingMyBike Sun 29-Oct-17 14:49:08

With old iron we used to just put the condensed water from the dryer in the iron to stop limescale building up - very hard water area. That iron eventually broke, bought next iron which said not to use tumble dryer water and instead use self-cleaning thing, which turned out to be a right faff once a month. Iron now so gunked up it no longer works properly so have bought iron three. This one also says to not use tumble dryer water and instead the self-clean thing, only this one is once a fortnight! hmm

Am I going to do something awful to the iron if I just use the tumble dryer water instead of faffing around with the cleaning mechanism.

Battleax Sun 29-Oct-17 14:51:30

Can't you just get a normal steam iron and use ironing water?

I gave up the condenser water thing when we bought a TD with an absolutely monster water tank that was difficult to handle.

RidingMyBike Sun 29-Oct-17 14:58:12

They’ve all been just normal steam irons! They’re all fairly basic models that cost between £20 and £40. The instructions say not to use tumble dryer water or ‘ironing water’ but don’t specify why.

The first iron I used ironing water with, then moved in with now DH, who owned tumble dryer and suggested using the water from that instead of buying ironing water.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheSlimeGoes Sun 29-Oct-17 15:08:49

I would imagine tumble dryer water would contain millions of tiny fibres which would eventually clog up the iron.

RidingMyBike Sun 29-Oct-17 15:15:00

Hmm, so far they’ve all eventually ended up clogged up with limescale anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now