Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! I need a new saucepan

(7 Posts)
QuimReaper Thu 26-Oct-17 13:54:18

Its main purpose will be to make pasta in and I need one with a lid.

MN seem to rate the Le Creuset ones, but would a Le Creuset cast iron be too heavy to drain pasta from?

If not, are the Stainless Steel ones especially worth the money? And do the handles get hot? I presume not, I've always thought that was the world's most bonkers design flaw.

Thanks!

Growingboys Thu 26-Oct-17 13:58:45

These Lakeland ones are amazing

www.lakeland.co.uk/71767/Lakeland-5-Piece-Stainless-Steel-Pan-Set

I didn't buy the whole set, I bought my ones individually. They are great.

I also have a copper pan from Asda, of all places, that has lasted years and looks FABULOUS. I absolutely love it.

NannyR Thu 26-Oct-17 13:59:10

Ikea 365 are very good stainless steel pans. I've never had an issue with the handle getting hot (unless you put it directly over a flame).
A le creuset pan would be a bit expensive if it's solely used for boiling pasta.

Growingboys Thu 26-Oct-17 13:59:31

And in answer to your question the handles only get hot if you put them in the oven (i.e. not on the hob), and yes, I think Le Creuset ones would be way too heavy e.g. to drain pasta from.

Ifailed Thu 26-Oct-17 14:00:50

if you are only going to be boiling water & pasta, a Le Creuset is OTT. Why not get one of these: www.tesco.com/direct/kitchen-craft-stainless-steel-pasta-pot/372-7688.prd?source=others or something similar?

QuimReaper Thu 26-Oct-17 14:04:01

It wouldn't be ringfenced for pasta grin I just meant the one which broke is used once a week or so to make tortelloni, which I don't have another suitable saucepan for, and if it'd be too heavy to drain it wouldn't be much good!

blodynmawr Fri 27-Oct-17 21:52:34

Le Creuset are totally impractical. I got sick of them when they were the only option in a house rental I once had.
Stellar all the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now