Talk

Advanced search

Stain removal from baby clothes.

(13 Posts)
ChipShopGherkin Wed 25-Oct-17 22:51:15

Can anyone recommend the best stain remover for baby clothes please?

My baby refuses to be put down by me, so I have to eat with him on my lap, consequently I've dropped pasta and curry sauce on some of his babygrows. sadblush

fusspot66 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:53:45

Sunlight will bleach it out. Hang it outdoors to dry, or even indoors in a window. Keep.wetting the stain with tap water. It will go.

venys Wed 25-Oct-17 22:56:40

The main thing was a just clean it asap so the stain doesn't set and wash at very low temperatures (my machine has abstain removal setting at 20). If the stain is stubborn - particularly protein stains on old baby grows - I use a paste of Vanish on the stain, leave it for am hour, wash on stain cycle and hang out in the sun as the sun has a bleaching effect. Or I use ecozone stain removing gel as it may be a bit kinder to babies skin.

Orangebird69 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:56:47

Vanish soap bar and sunshine maybe wrong time of year for that though. I feel your pain OP. Soy sauce was often a feature on my ds's clothes when he was tiny blush

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 23:00:28

Interesting point re: cool cycle, that’s where I’ve been going wrong.

I find soaking the clothes on diluted napisan helps,

I really notice that now DD is weaning, her clothes pre 6-mo were practically spotless, I was able to give the whole set away, clothes post 6-mo I only have about 1/3 of them left by the time I get to hand them on.
Mainly tomato based. Bastard tomatoes.

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 23:00:28

Interesting point re: cool cycle, that’s where I’ve been going wrong.

I find soaking the clothes on diluted napisan helps,

I really notice that now DD is weaning, her clothes pre 6-mo were practically spotless, I was able to give the whole set away, clothes post 6-mo I only have about 1/3 of them left by the time I get to hand them on.
Mainly tomato based. Bastard tomatoes.

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 23:02:15

Ooo I was so impressed I posted twice.

mochachocochino Wed 25-Oct-17 23:05:57

Totally recommend Vanish Gold stain removal gel - works every time for me.

Rub some on a couple of minutes before washing (even works on dried stains) Can get from supermarkets or wilkos.

ChipShopGherkin Thu 26-Oct-17 07:45:06

@Orangebird69 I'm so glad it's not just me that struggles to make food reach my mouth without going everywhere grin damn cluster feeding

Thank you everyone for your advice, will give it a go.

WildCherryBlossom Thu 26-Oct-17 08:42:42

Milton Spray and sunlight

WildCherryBlossom Thu 26-Oct-17 08:46:56

Two of my babies fed constantly in the evenings so you have my sympathy. I did sometimes drape a muslin over the baby to protect from food spillages. Added benefit that it keeps baby’s focus on feeding. Some nosy babies turn their head away from the boob at any fork hovering overhead distraction

ElfEars Thu 26-Oct-17 08:54:30

Since having my son I've tried many stain removers and I've found Tesco pre-wash Oxy Power stain remover spray to be the best. Ariel stain remover is just as good but seems to have disappeared from all shops.

chloechloe Thu 26-Oct-17 12:05:52

Tomato disappears in the sun! Get it super wet and leave in direct sunlight, then keep wetting it until it disappears. More difficult at this time of year obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now