Talk

Advanced search

Washing Machine + Dryer

(2 Posts)
lily249 Wed 25-Oct-17 07:36:17

Just wondering what the sociable hours are for household appliances. I have a 7 week old baby and am constantly having to do washing as she goes through a lot of clothes! I like putting my washing machine on as early as I see acceptable which is usually around 8:30-9AM on weekdays and around 9/10AM at the weekend. I was just wondering if this is okay or if I could perhaps put it on earlier? My washing machine isn't particularly noisy unless it's on a spin - where it can get quite loud. I live in a block of 4 flats and usually don't hear next door but downstairs I hear quite a lot of the time, so am guessing they can hear us. Luckily the flats are set out in the same way so their kitchen is directly below ours - which is where I have my washing machine so I doubt they could hear it from their bedroom if they're still asleep. They have an 12 week old baby themselves and I have spoken to the girl before and she seems really lovely so I'm sure she'd mention something if it was loud and annoying her but I still would like to know what time is acceptable as I don't want to wake/disturb her or the little one! Thanks smile

BIWI Wed 25-Oct-17 07:46:33

Why don’t you chat with your neighbour and see what she thinks? She’s probably in the same situation as you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now