Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about diatomaceous earth please.

(7 Posts)
TheChristmasFaery Tue 24-Oct-17 10:13:40

Have you used it for bugs?
Which brand did you use & why?
How long did it take to work?
Did it break your Hoover?
Thanks 😁

TheChristmasFaery Tue 24-Oct-17 20:54:09

Anyone.....

mmzz Tue 24-Oct-17 21:13:16

I used it on windowsills to keep down ladybirds last year. I think it worked.
There was also a bug crawling on the bathroom floor at night when I put the light on. I don't know what it was. I pushed d. Earth down the Harris between the floor and skirting board and it worked to get rid of them.
It dries then out. It's good, cheap and next to no effort.

Neither was on carpets and I used a brush and dustpan to sweep your weeks later. Then I vacuumed. Maybe that's why it did the Hoover no harm.

Wallywobbles Tue 24-Oct-17 22:36:43

Used on nits on kids. Seemed to do the trick. Dries hair out very badly though. But makes the bastards easy to see though.

Works on fleas, cats lick it off and also worm themselves at the same time.

You can eat it and it does some pretty amazing stuff to you. Longer you take it more it does.

Can use it anywhere including on veg garden.

I’d recommend it.

TheChristmasFaery Tue 24-Oct-17 23:13:16

What does it do if you eat it???

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:15:47

I bought some for fleas as nothing was working for my bloody cat!

D.earth also did fuck all.

mmzz Wed 25-Oct-17 04:36:32

There's the food grade one and the other one. I see the food one in various recipes for diet drinks etc.

I bought a massive bucket of the non-food stuff from Amazon for about £10. I used a few scoops and the rest is in the shed. The labelling on the side recommends it for putting in hen houses to keep down the bugs.

If the bugs gets it on them, then it dries them out from the outside in. I don't think it's a humane death! I left mine out for maybe two months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now