Talk

Advanced search

Heated clothes airer- is it worth the money?

(65 Posts)
Newbiecat Wed 18-Oct-17 23:23:02

I've just been reading another thread about ironing and it's got me thinking I do too much! I've seen a few of these heated airers on Amazon and wonder if it's worth the money and does it stop clothes being creased ?

MyDcAreMarvel Wed 18-Oct-17 23:26:51

Have heard great things about the Lakeland one.

SinglePringle Wed 18-Oct-17 23:30:38

Game changer. Total.

I load up the washing machine at night, set the timer for 5.30 am and wake up to washed clothes. Put the on the heated drier. Go to work.

Come home, dry clothes. Including bed linen etc (I live in a flat with no outside drying areas).

Changed my life.

Goldrill Wed 18-Oct-17 23:34:39

Two small children and retraining as a teacher with a hefty commute. Three loads of washing on a Friday evening and onto the lakeland mahoosive airer; another one or two on Saturday night and the week's washing is sorted. Genuinely one of the best hundred quids I have ever spent.

Whenisitbedtime Wed 18-Oct-17 23:34:42

It will change your life.
Worth every penny.

RJnomore1 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:35:56

Hang on hang on

Does this mean you don't need to iron?

Seriously?

OliviaBonas Wed 18-Oct-17 23:37:20

Yes the Lakeland one is amazing!

RJnomore1 Wed 18-Oct-17 23:38:01

😮

Off to Lakeland!

gaggiagirl Wed 18-Oct-17 23:41:43

Mine has changed my life. Couldn't live without it. No more drying clothes on every door and radiator for days on end. I don't iron so I can't comment on that

Newbiecat Thu 19-Oct-17 06:42:59

Right then, I'm on the hunt for a Lakeland discount code then! I saw it advertised last year but thought it was pricey when I was on maternity leave but now I'm back at work with 3 kids, anything to make life easier! I might look at reviews of some of the Amazon Ines tho

MrsPussinBoots Thu 19-Oct-17 06:54:24

I love my Lakeland one! I bought it from gumtree and it’s been a lifesaver. Cheaper than putting the heating on too.

Latenightreader Thu 19-Oct-17 06:58:44

I have a Lakeland one and it's good. Stop tip: put a sheet or quilt cover over the top.

TheHodgeoftheHedge Thu 19-Oct-17 07:08:55

Simply put, yes! The Lakeland one has changed my life. I wish I'd had one 15 years earlier n

Bestbees Thu 19-Oct-17 07:13:46

If i have a tumble drier is it still worth it? Cheaper to run?

LittleWitch Thu 19-Oct-17 07:15:22

Yes, I have the Lakeland one, wouldn’t be parted from it. Agree with latenightreader regarding throwing a sheet over it. If you load it up and leave it overnight you’ll come down to dry laundry and a toasty warm kitchen .

LittleWitch Thu 19-Oct-17 07:16:04

I ditched the tumble drier when I got my heated airer.

MsJolly Thu 19-Oct-17 07:16:47

The large one from Lakeland is 7p/hour
They also do a special cover for it which keeps all the heat inside which dries things quicker. Amazing thing.

FurryTurnip Thu 19-Oct-17 07:17:20

I love mine too, but it certainly doesn't leave things as smooth as a fumble drier, so if you have reasonable standards (which I don't!) then you'd still need to iron. But still definitely worth having particularly through winter, you can get loads done without cluttering up the radiators. And the cat loves sleeping by it!

snapple21 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:17:55

Is it fine to leave on overnight/when out? I'm keen on this but worried about fire risks

hp2 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:20:17

I love mine wouldn't be without it. It's never off other than holidays. Added bonus is I turn the radiator off in the room it is in!

Autumnfalling Thu 19-Oct-17 07:20:25

Surely that’s a fire risk? Leaving it all day/night?

Electricity costs must be high too?

FrizzyNoodles Thu 19-Oct-17 07:20:58

I got mine from amazon it's small but I love it. It's still an airer anyway when it's not switched on so i only have it turned on for a couple of hours each day. I hang the stuff to dry then I rearrange and fold them on top and turn it on. I'm going to get a big lakeland one when this breaks

Ifailed Thu 19-Oct-17 07:23:43

All those with a heated airer, what do you do about condensation? A full load in my tumbler produces about 3 litres of water, presumably an airer does the same?

LaurieFairyCake Thu 19-Oct-17 07:28:11

I’ve had mine about 6 years.

You still need to iron stuff
You need to keep a window open half an inch or so to make sure there is no condensation. I have mine in a very dry attic so never any condensation at all.
It takes 3 days to dry a full airer- I get 3 loads on mine. It is improved by having a sheet over the top but I don’t find it dries in a few hours.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-Oct-17 07:28:32

If it's 7p and hour that's not cheaper than a tumble drier especially leaving it on over night. The two friends that have them ditched them as apparently they only dry where the clothes are touching the rack. I was very keen but not after I heard that. Plus I love the iron cycle on my drier grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: