Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone understand where all the stuff comes from?

(9 Posts)
Frequency Mon 16-Oct-17 12:36:45

I'm trying to declutter and there's just shit tonnes of stuff.

I don't understand it. I'm not a hoarder, quite the opposite. When it comes to binning stuff, I'm quite ruthless. My Grandad used to take me to the tip once a month before he died. We always had a car full, sometimes two car fulls. He only died two years ago and I've been to the tip since then just not as often, so it's not like I have decades of stuff built up, so why the feck does it feel like I do?

I have a black sack full of shoes that don't fit people. How? Why? From where? I'm broke, I've been broke for a considerable amount of time, I only buy shoes when I need to.

Ditto boxes. Why are there so many boxes? We never buy anything in a box.

And don't even get me started on the odd socks...

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Tue 17-Oct-17 21:30:02

It just breeds. I'm also really ruthless, and my house and cupboards are so tidy, but there's still miscellaneous stuff to sort. I also have a small pile of outgrown footwear to get rid of, even though we have seasonal shoe culls!
Every time we have a clothing charity bag through the door I manage to fill it.

IamDBCooper Tue 17-Oct-17 21:50:01

Oh this sounds like us! Just constantly chucking out crap. We regularly clear our garage and before you know it it’s full of crap again! So frustrating!

WooWooWitchetyWoo Tue 17-Oct-17 21:55:28

Absolutely! You're spot on about the boxes - so much stuff comes in nice ones these days too sad.

I have been getting rid of so much stuff for two years now and I still have a room of doom. I'm onto getting rid of brand new stuff like clothes with tags on, and make up that's only been used once, but it seems like it'll never end . . .

just5morepeas Tue 17-Oct-17 22:01:43

I keep thinking that one day I'll start chucking one thing out every time I bring something new into the house, but I never do.

Stuff breeds.

BastardTart Tue 17-Oct-17 22:06:05

Stuff is obviously migrating through a magical wormhole from my house into yours! We have no boxes, and dds school need her to bring some in for art project. I do buy stuff that comes in boxes but then they disappear into the ether.

Shoes, I'm forever buying the family new ones, I swear I keep dc1s shoes for dc2 to wear but whenever dc2 goes up a size we have no spare shoes. My house is so minimalist , yet I feel like I'm continually buying stuff....

If you have drawers full of scissors and sellotape then I'm coming round to steal them back! As I'm buying new ones very frequently only to have them vanish

wobblywonderwoman Tue 17-Oct-17 22:07:35

I am sick of it too. I throw away bags of stuff constantly.. Then I spot another drawer full of shit. Grrrrr...

ILoveDolly Tue 17-Oct-17 22:21:17

So much stuff. Terrible piles of crap

Frequency Tue 17-Oct-17 22:22:27

We have no scissors. Useful stuff gets buried under the sea of useless shite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now