Talk

Advanced search

Soup maker

(12 Posts)
SingaSong12 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:27:18

I don’t currently make my own soup, but am interested in trying it. I’ll be starting from scratch as I have a saucepan but no blender. I’ve heard about soup makers. Does anyone have one and do you actually use it? Which would you recommend? At the moment I don’t have a dishwasher(will at some point) so how easy are they to clean?
Thanks

Idratherhaveacupoftea Sun 15-Oct-17 20:33:39

I’ve got the Morphy Richards one. It’s brilliant and very easy to clean, i haven’t got a dishwasher.

Bananasandchocolatecustard Sun 15-Oct-17 20:38:07

I have one and love it. When I heard about them I thought they would be a waste of time BUT it’s not. You put the ingredients in, lid on and return to soup. I have the morphy Richards one as well.

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Sun 15-Oct-17 20:38:55

I like mine. 30 mins start to end!

debbiewest0 Sun 15-Oct-17 22:34:44

Would anyone mind sharing their favourite recipe as well as best machine? Mine all taste of earth when I've used the machine smile

SingaSong12 Mon 16-Oct-17 06:22:50

Thanks and second Debbie’s request for any recipes.

Bananasandchocolatecustard Mon 16-Oct-17 06:25:54

I don’t have a recipe , I make it up as I go along. Last night’s was - 1 yellow pepper, 1 courgette, 1 vegetables oxo, orange lentils, 2 leeks, salt and black pepper, marmite and mixed herbs and water to the maximum level.
I use a tinned pulse or red lentils to thicken the soup and add protein. I would not use mushrooms because they turn the soup brown.

chocolatespiders Mon 16-Oct-17 06:30:26

Bbc good food is great for soup recipes.
Or just google the ingredients you have such as carrot and lentil and it will bring up recipes and they normally have reviews on them.

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Mon 16-Oct-17 06:39:52

I have one but don't think the soup is as nice as when I cook it on the hob. I just use it for blending now. It rapidly boils everything so the flavour and texture isn't the same as when you gently cook the veg. I get the quantities wrong too, would love some recipes. .

ElfrideSwancourt Mon 16-Oct-17 08:00:12

I love mine- makes great soup really quickly- in fact was just dithering what to have for lunch this week at work- think I’ll make some soup. I don’t use a recipe just bung in veg and stock.
I often use ready-chopped frozen vegetables and they are fine straight from the freezer.

dameofdilemma Mon 16-Oct-17 08:58:48

Love mine - it means I can switch it on and leave it while I go and put dd to bed or something, I'm terrible for forgetting pans on hobs.

Favourite recipes are either carrot/sweet potato/lentil or parsnip or pepper/sweetcorn/potato.
I fry the onions/garlic in the soup maker first (get one that has a fry function) then add chopped veg, stock pot, spices (eg cumin, coriander, ginger, paprika) and water.
For the parsnip one I blend a bit of milk through after its cooked.

Its so quick!

Helena17 Mon 16-Oct-17 09:41:44

I've heard good reviews about the Morphy Richards. I would definitely look out for deals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now