Talk

Advanced search

Tips on getting a new fridge delivered

(8 Posts)
littleoctonauts Sun 15-Oct-17 18:58:46

Hello

I am having a new fridge freezer delivered on Thursday. Can you give me your tips on how to make it as smooth a process as possible? So far I am planning to-

Run down the fridge/ freezer contents as much as possible
Get a cool box for the night before once I start to defrost my current fridge
Transfer as much as possible into the second freezer

Anything else that would make this easy?

littleoctonauts Sun 15-Oct-17 18:59:38

Nb the second freezer is not the new one, sorry that isn't clear. I have a separate spare second freezer.

Out2pasture Sun 15-Oct-17 19:01:33

Measure your doorway, clear away all the furniture (including floor mats) between the entry point and the fridge location.

littleoctonauts Sun 15-Oct-17 19:52:48

Great that's very helpful thank you

JT05 Mon 16-Oct-17 13:28:41

Are they taking away the wrapping? If not make sure you have some decent scissors to cut the ties and wrapping. There can be a lot.
Don’t be tempted to use a knife, you may scratch the fridge and perhaps cut yourself.

littleoctonauts Mon 16-Oct-17 20:42:26

That's a good point thank you!

I've just checked on the John Lewis website and they will be unpacking and plugging it in, but it doesn't say anything about the packaging. I'll ask when they come.thank you

Out2pasture Mon 16-Oct-17 21:19:57

Be prepared to sweep and wash under the old fridge have your supplies ready as you may not have much time.

littleoctonauts Wed 18-Oct-17 12:49:53

That's a very good idea thank you! Can't wait now for new fridge to arrive tomorrowgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: