Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for vacuum cleaners

(11 Posts)
fedupandnogin Sun 15-Oct-17 16:58:37

I think I have killed my Miele Cat and Dog (and no longer have a dog) so need to purchase a new vacuum cleaner. Although I've had a cylinder, I think I now prefer the idea of an upright (easier on the back). Am used to buying and changing bags but would happily consider a bagless (so I don't have to anymore). I have hard floors downstairs and carpets on the stairs and in the bedrooms. What do you recommend please?

TheOtherNNB Sun 15-Oct-17 16:59:55

I’ll always have a Henry

Long lead
Super strong suction
It’s the choice of builders everywhere!

myusernameisnotmyusername Sun 15-Oct-17 17:00:42

Another one for Henry- in my experience Dyson are rubbish. I have a cat.

SheGotOffThePlane Sun 15-Oct-17 17:06:17

I recently gave away my dyson dc50 animal because I hated it and bought a Henry. Seriously it's amazing! Almost lifted my carpet off the underlay it was so strong.

Aspieparent Sun 15-Oct-17 17:08:34

I would recommend a shark they are brilliant never had a problem with mine and when my 2 year old broke the plug on mine they replaced the motor for free even though that sort of damage wasn't covered under warranty.

fedupandnogin Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:23

I had a Henry years ago - when I was doing up a house and kept it. I can't really fault it but I just found it heavy and awkward to move around.

fedupandnogin Sun 15-Oct-17 18:55:48

Just looking at Sharks now. What one have you got @Aspieparent ?

Aspieparent Sun 15-Oct-17 19:52:03

I have this one sharkclean.eu/uk/product/shark-rotator-lift-away-true-pet-slim-light-upright-vacuum-cleaner-nv340ukt/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5pCU76Xz1gIVb77tCh38hg1_EAQYAiABEgKwPPD_BwE

It's the best hoover I have ever had.

Hunkle Sun 15-Oct-17 19:58:09

Bosch Athlet.

It is honestly the best thing Ive ever owned.

No backache from leaning over.

I carry it one handed upstairs.

The amount it picks up daily is disturbing amazing.

Its so light to carry. My DD4 uses it.

It has 3 power settings. It will do 60 mins until it needs charging.

It does thick new carpet to wood without having to adjust anything.

Hunkle Sun 15-Oct-17 20:00:53

Bosch

I paid £149 in the sale.

BobTheGoldfish Sun 15-Oct-17 20:20:20

We've a Sebo automatic x4 extra which is great. Better filter with a bag - I have dust allergy and can actually use it without sneezing loads like our old Dyson.
It's very hard wearing- used to break vacuums every few years and this one has lasted 7yrs which is a record.
A bit heavy, but it comes with an extra long hose for the stairs which makes things really easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now