Talk

Advanced search

Dream utility room ideas...

(7 Posts)
WittgensteinsBunny Sun 15-Oct-17 08:22:14

.... we’re currently in the process of trying to sell our house so that we can buy a bigger house, which has a utility room. We’ve found our perfect house, just need a buyer for ours. Sadly, I’m quite excited about the prospect of a utility room with space for a washing machine and tumble dryer, and a sink for soaking etc At the moment we have a washer / dryer and have to dry things in the kitchen. Soiled things have to be rinsed out in the bath. We have a potty training toddler and have had sickness bugs, so there has been so much washing and it’s been a bit of a nightmare. I digress.

If you could design your own dream utility what would it have in it?

Mine would be:
Decent washing machine
Large capacity tumble dryer
Butler sink
Space for washing baskets under the counter
Space for a heated airer
Cupboards / open shelves for cleaning products
Space to store ironing board and iron

Prokupatuscrakedatus Sun 15-Oct-17 14:19:08

Mine would have:
washing machine
tumble dryer (seldom used)
space for my airers (2) and good air circulation and heating
one of those laundry sorting cupboards
a cupboard to store my gardening stuff (not much)
a cupboard for cleaning stuff, buckets, brooms etc
a place to store my ironing board, iron, sewing machine
a table and chair to cut and sew
a number of those folding caskets

lolalotta Sun 15-Oct-17 20:18:19

We've just moved into a house with a utility it's amaaaazing! Mine has a tumble dryer/ washing machine/ butler sink/ worktop for folding/ room for an airer/ room to store ironing board and lots of cupboards to store cleaning products/ laundry liquid. It also has a laundry maid (a clothes airer) suspended from the ceiling above the butler sink. It's has a pulley system on it so you can lower it to hang washing on. 🙂

WittgensteinsBunny Sun 15-Oct-17 20:20:40

lola that sounds amazing!

pro I forgot about brooms, hoover etc

I found myself on pinterest today. So much food for thought!

WeAllHaveWings Sun 15-Oct-17 20:35:00

Space for muddy wellies, dog walking boots, football boots to be washed, dried and stored.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 15-Oct-17 20:36:17

My brother has a drinks fridge in his.

RaindropsAndSparkles Sun 15-Oct-17 20:41:59

Mine's combined with a Boot room grin

So, washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink, storage cupboard for Hoover, mops, brooms, ironing board etc, and racks for shoes (ooh 40 pairs) and pegs for coats. (Soon to have doors on) oh and space for sorting recycling.

Has separate entrance. House being renovated as we speak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now