Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grrrr! Where to find a solid base - no slats at all - bed?!

(16 Posts)
Fluffywithteeth Sat 14-Oct-17 12:18:16

I am driving myself - and anyone in the vicinity - mad with my search to find a bed with no slats at all... just a solid base but that's not a divan. Any advice or pointers gratefully received!

prampushingdownthehighst Sat 14-Oct-17 12:20:36

Could you remove the slats and put ply/chipboard down?

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 14-Oct-17 12:21:32

We also wanted a solid pine bed with no slates but we looked everywhere and couldn't find Any. So we ended up buying a Divan base. But to be honest it has been a life save with the draws as we now can put out clean bedding in there 😀 hope you fine what your looking for soon xx

Auntpetunia2015 Sat 14-Oct-17 12:25:43

On eBay. I have one from this company
:modern_living2010
Fabulously comfortable and an ottoman bed too.

Fluffywithteeth Sun 15-Oct-17 22:17:47

thanks aunt petunia2015 - will have a look at that smile was keen to have on eon normal legs though.....x

Fluffywithteeth Sun 15-Oct-17 22:18:33

thanks ilovechocolate - which divan base did you go for i the end? x

educatingarti Sun 15-Oct-17 22:18:58

I just bought a second set of slats and interleaved them with the originals.

Fluffywithteeth Sun 15-Oct-17 22:19:40

thanks prampushingdownthehighst ! yes that's what i've got at the moment.... quite squeaky though .... !! x

Sgtmajormummy Sun 15-Oct-17 22:27:11

Pretty sure it's called a divan base. Try googling that.

prampushingdownthehighst Wed 18-Oct-17 19:35:38

Ah we have ply over the slats which might prevent the squeak.
That bed pictured is lovely.

HolyMerlot Wed 18-Oct-17 20:35:23

Just out of curiosity, recently bought and moved into my own house, currently have my old divan base and mattress from my parents house but planning on putting that into one of the spare bedrooms in the next few weeks and getting me and DP a wooden bed frame which I’d imagine would be slatted - any reasons why you’re wanting a solid base rather than slatted? Never bought or slept on a slatted bed for long periods of time before so quite the newbie! Are there some serious disadvantages? TIA

Fluffywithteeth Wed 18-Oct-17 23:06:26

Hullo holymerlot - how exciting! My chiropractor recommends sleeping on a hard base which I started doing a few months ago by putting g some hardboard over the existing slats of my bed. Now that I'm used to it I really like he firmness of it (Dh still moaning though wink) but it really squeaks!! Am planning on getting new bed a spart of a bedroom upgrade and I think I've found one without slats www.bedguru.co.uk/divan-bed-base-legs so hopefully....!
Happy new house!

namechangedtoday15 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:48:58

We have this one

divan with legs

Lenl Sun 22-Oct-17 14:53:12

I have a wooden bed with slats and we bought some thick mdf from b&q which they cut to size for free. Slot that under the mattress and now I have a solid base. Spent about £15.

Lenl Sun 22-Oct-17 14:54:33

Weirdly if you put talc around where it rubs and squeaks, the squeaking stops. Sounds like bullshit but DP insisted it was a 'thing' and he's right, it's silent now.

Fluffywithteeth Wed 01-Nov-17 20:29:12

thanks Lenl smile Talc?! Am going to go and try that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now