Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a saucepan set?

(20 Posts)
TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 14-Oct-17 11:34:09

I've just had my kitchen refurbed. As everything is new and shiny, my old, frankly grubby pans are letting the side down, and I'd like some new ones.

I have neither the cooking skill nor the finances of Nigella, so don't need top of the range, but would like something durable and easy to clean.

LoniceraJaponica Sat 14-Oct-17 11:35:53

Joining this thread for recommendations. I'm after non stick pans.

LegoCaltrops Sat 14-Oct-17 11:47:16

Not non-stick, but I really like my Stellar stainless steel pans. I bought a large one (for making stock, jam, stew etc), & a smaller one, about 13 years ago. Both still great, & I recently bought a few more from the same range. Pretty easy to clean, & much lighter than Le Creuset. I have a non stick frying pan which I replace every few years, no particular brand.

LegoCaltrops Sat 14-Oct-17 11:49:47

I got them in Dawsons, BTW, on one of their discount days. I definitely didn't pay full price for them! (Love Dawsons for discount homeware!)

PigeonPie Sat 14-Oct-17 11:57:37

I second Lego's recommendation for Stellar pans. I had to replace my lovely old Prestige pans a little while ago and love these new Stellar ones.

I think that non-stick pans for general use are not all they're cracked up to be and certainly believe that these will last far, far, longer. The only thing I have non-stick is a small frying pan for eggs. I've never had a problem otherwise, and if things do stick a bit of a soak and a scrub and they're as good as new.

If you're anywhere near Oxford, Boswells also sell them at a very good price.

BumWad Sat 14-Oct-17 11:58:14

I really like my Anolon pans I have had them for quite a while now and they still look new

myrtleWilson Sat 14-Oct-17 12:04:01

this is my second comment on a pan thread in two days - the first got deleted as was PBP - no idea where they were planning on taking the pan debate.

Anyway, we bought circulon pans about 15/16 years ago and still doing ok - probably a couple of years left in them I'd say. No idea if Circulon quality has changed in that time but if not - I'd recommend them!

QuackDuckQuack Sat 14-Oct-17 12:05:40

We’ve got a set of John Lewis saucepans and they stack which is useful.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 14-Oct-17 16:02:53

excellent, thanks all. We've a tiny galley kitchen so stacking would be a definite plus. I'll have a rummage in John Lewis when I'm off over half-term.

Orangebird69 Sat 14-Oct-17 16:04:25

Analon, all day long.

SeraphinaDombegh Sat 14-Oct-17 16:08:11

YY, our Stellar pans were a wedding gift eleven years ago and they're still as good now as they were new apart from the frying pan, which was destroyed by a burning incident.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 14-Oct-17 23:42:34

Stellar are excellent.

yikesanotherbooboo Sat 14-Oct-17 23:59:02

I have a lovely small saucepan from John Lewis which was given as a wedding present > 25 years ago. It has been used daily, doesn’t burn and is undamaged. I agree with pp no need for non stick pans but buy very good quality stainless steel in a sale and you will never need to replace them. Nonstick frying pans will need replacing from time to time , mine seem to last about 10 years. I also agree that Stellar are good.

LoniceraJaponica Sun 15-Oct-17 00:22:05

I have good quality stainless steel pans, but when I cook rice it sticks to the pan. I would love Circulon, but they cost £££.

bouncydog Sun 15-Oct-17 17:50:53

Circulon non stick. Fantastic pans.

BakedBeans47 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:57:08

We have Raymond Blanc anodised ones from dunelm mill

lolalotta Sun 15-Oct-17 20:07:06

Stella stainless steel, last forever I reckon!

thenightsky Sun 15-Oct-17 20:08:56

Pro cook. I got a set for £100 in the sales about a million years ago (RRP £200). They are still like new.

Alonglongway Sun 15-Oct-17 23:33:26

Yep i have stellar stainless steel - 20 years old and still look brilliant.

Mightybanhammer Mon 16-Oct-17 17:47:54

Circulon. I got mine at half or two thirds off from Dunelm Mill about 18 months back after kitchen refurb grinThey are a pleasure to use. Just the right weight, beautifully balanced, non stick, dishwasher proof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now