Talk

Advanced search

Feng Shui, your home of order and a messy garage!!!!????

(4 Posts)
BusyBee2017 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:09:22

Don't know if this is the right section but here goes...

I have recently got into Feng shui, my house is all organised and tidy and feels great!!!

But my garage! That's a different story - it's a huge storeroom of stuff that goes in there which I don't want to keep in the house including shoes, bookshelves, paperwork, bikes, gift bags, bikes, lawnmowers.

It always looks a mess and it doesn't matter how hard I try to keep it neat and tidy 5 minutes later it's a tip again!!!

I was wondering if by having a messy garage with a mis mash of things it affects your feng shui... ie by having loads of stuff in the garage does that make my life crazy and packed and chaotic?

Your thoughts please

Thank you

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Wed 11-Oct-17 23:53:56

According to the Feng Shui book I read, the bagua extends across the whole property, so cluttered zones like garages will still affect the energy flows.

If you are using a space as a storage/ procrastination zone, it still has to be dealt with at some point. Garages don't tend to keep things in good condition anyway.

Cleanerswin Thu 12-Oct-17 05:27:44

Be careful, I’ve seen an entire garage of stuff ruined by a water leak and rodents. One weekend is all it took, furniture, photo albums, books, clothes, all damp or shredded. Even rooms you don’t use or heat need regular turning out and cleaning.

BusyBee2017 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:18:40

Thank you both.

Yes I think the garage represents helpful people and travel and although it's a storage room to keep loads of things it's organised to some degree ie filing cabinets, bookshelves, other shelves but certain parts do end up being a dumping zone until the next sort out job so will that affect feng shui and life

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: