Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stain removal recommendations please.

(10 Posts)
gaggiagirl Wed 11-Oct-17 14:10:27

I've never used a proper laundry stain remover before.
Today while doing my quarterly re fold of all the bedding and baby clothes, I noticed that most things are stained (blood/blackcurrant/bolognese etc) and repeated washing hasn't removed the stains.

I should definitely start to tackle stains when they occur and not ignore them.

What product shall I use?

user1493413286 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:17:02

Soak in vanish granules with a bit of washing up liquid rubbed onto the stain straight after it happens. I have to then wash the clothes twice though the vanish can irritate baby’s skin

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 11-Oct-17 14:20:39

Bio powder is the best at cleaning (Lidl's is great & cheap). I used to use non-bio liquid & the difference is astonishing.

I also use a stain removing spray (cheap one from Aldi generally) on things like bolognese & curry marks. They don't usually disappear first time but do eventually .

HeyMicky Wed 11-Oct-17 14:22:41

UV. It doesn’t have to be sunny but hang stuff outside, ideally for a couple of days. It makes a huge difference to orange and red stains especially.

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 11-Oct-17 14:24:59

& best thing for blood at the time is to soak in cold water before washing. hot water sets it in.

LapdanceShoeshine Wed 11-Oct-17 14:26:32

UV works for mildew too. I once found some kids' lifesaving stuff that had been in a bag for literally weeks - I left it on the line after washing for more literally weeks, & the mildew did go.

dementedpixie Wed 11-Oct-17 14:31:24

Use powder for a start as it contains bleaching agents. Bio powder will also break down food stains. Rubbing washing up liquid into the stain before washing also helps. Or try one of the household stain removing soaps that you rub into them too. I have a vanish soap bar

wowfudge Wed 11-Oct-17 16:26:06

Sunlight. It's amazing. Always treat any stain using cold water and whatever stain remover you are using - whether that's washing up liquid (great on greasy marks, but try it neat on dry fabric if possible first), laundry soap or soaking with Vanish, etc.

pavan595 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:29:35

my little one are always coming home from school with stains on there clothes and i found this cleaner to be the best bit.do/StainRemover

gaggiagirl Wed 11-Oct-17 21:03:16

These are all brilliant tips thank you!
I like the idea of getting the stains out using UV and washing up liquid. That's very economical!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now