Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen caddy ideas please

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 09-Oct-17 16:04:10

We are still using the green thing that the council gave us with the plastic bag liners from the supermarket.
It's a pita. The bags tear, the box gets filled too quickly and then it over flows, it looks naff.

Any ideas for a better option gratefully received.
TIA

NearlyChristmasNow Mon 09-Oct-17 20:21:25

We use this one indoors, and empty it into the council one every day. www.lakeland.co.uk/23943/OXO-Good-Grips-Food-Compost-Bin---White-2.8L?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1d-cjKHk1gIVz7ztCh2Gjg8JEAQYASABEgKuj_D_BwE&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!225566416771!!!!296925474843!&ef_id=V@lDngAABYGu4Ljm:20171009191946:s

NearlyChristmasNow Mon 09-Oct-17 20:22:12

We use kitchen roll instead of the bags, found them too slimy.

Pastwordprotected Mon 09-Oct-17 21:40:16

Slightly odd I know but I use a 12 litre pedal bin with a kerbside sized food waste liner from the supermarket so most of the time I only empty it once a week. Bin is also lined with a pedal bin liner with a couple of sheets of paper towel in the bottom in case of leakage. We also leave our teabags to cool in a saucer before putting them in the waste as previously the heat/moisture was making the waste slimy.

didireallysaythat Mon 09-Oct-17 22:37:54

I use the oxo one too - usually fold a piece of kitchen roll up to line the bottom, so nothing much sticks to the bottom when I empty it into the compost heap. And it goes in the dishwasher occasionally.

mckenzie Tue 10-Oct-17 07:41:26

Thanks for the replies.
I think the dry tea bag idea might help and putting some paper in. And perhaps even just a daily empty routine will be most beneficial.
Out of the good looking Oxo bin instead of my naff green one.

didireallysaythat Tue 10-Oct-17 22:23:48

I think emptying it every day will probably have the biggest impact - I'm guilty of only ever emptying it when it's full to the top !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now