Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dead rat smell at work!

(5 Posts)
owltrousers Mon 09-Oct-17 11:06:15

I work in a small therapy clinic, just me and two bosses. We have a reception room and then two therapy rooms on the lower ground floor level. A few weeks ago we heard rats in the walls so my boss put poison down, now we have a lingering smell of dead rat that is becoming stronger and stronger.

The worst of the smell is in the reception room, where I work for 8 hours a day (and eat lunch!) I am 27 weeks pregnant and today the smell is so bad its making me feel ill.

Should I be demanding they do more about this issue? Is there anything that can actually be done? No flies thankfully, just that strong old dead rat smell to contend with confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 11-Oct-17 11:01:28

I had similar and there's nothing to do but wait it out and keep the windows open,it will go but it reeks ,doesn't it? Blerk!

Dettol air freshener spray is excellent.

lisastones72 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:33:14

Have you got someone out to check in the walls?. I just got some cleaning products from a company called 2Pure Products and I remember reading about this cleaner they have for office and stuff. They said they were ‘the best odour eliminating products in the world’. I don’t know how much to believe them, but it seems quite reliable. Maybe get some odour eliminating cleaner in the meantime? Nothing worse than scaring away customers with smell!

JaneJeffer Fri 13-Oct-17 13:16:44

Get the electric wires checked, they can smell like this if they need re-wiring.

JT05 Sat 14-Oct-17 21:47:11

I had that in my office at work. A mouse had run into the gap in the radiator and perished!
Took the maintenance staff ages to find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now