Talk

Advanced search

Smelly school shoes

(8 Posts)
paxillin Sun 08-Oct-17 22:34:14

DS's school shoes this year are diabolical. He is 10, shoes are new, feet washed daily, socks fresh. The shoes are leather shoes from Clarks, nothing special, same sort of shoes we always buy. None of his other shoes stink (not even the trainers). When he takes them off after school I have to send him off to wash his feet and change his socks.

I have tried baking powder, it takes the edge off and over the weekend, they smell ok. I have tried Zoflora, it drowns it out it its own strong smell. What do I do, I can't bin them 4 weeks into term?

paxillin Mon 09-Oct-17 08:59:19

Nothing to be done?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 09-Oct-17 09:02:24

What are those insoles you can buy to stop smelliness? Arghhhhhh,can't think of the name. They're fab though.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 09-Oct-17 09:02:49

A new unused tea bag in each shoe overnight, remove in the morning and the teabag will have absorbed the stench. Works for DS's army boots which honk like something crawled in there and died.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 09-Oct-17 09:02:57

ODOUR EATERS!

you can get a spray too.

missyB1 Mon 09-Oct-17 09:04:30

I have a spray for my son's rugby boots, they stink to high heaven but the spray sorts it out. I think its made by Scholl.

piefacedClique Mon 09-Oct-17 09:10:03

A Teaspoon of bicarb works on trainers usually

nigelsbigface Mon 09-Oct-17 09:15:42

For my dd's football boots which reek, I fold a few bits of kitchen paper over to make a wedge, then soak in zoflora-put one in each boot overnight or longer if I can-works a treat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: